jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

URL Trackers - What Am I Doing Wrong?

1. Pandoras Box profile image81
    Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago

I have been trying to fix this for a couple hours now. What am I doing wrong? I put www://hubpages.com     then I put  /referalcode/
      then hub/  and then my hub name with dashes between the words.

Why won't it work? I just wanna cry.

Help me...

1. Arthur Fontes profile image89
      Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you go down to the "share" button at the bottom of your hub, click "link to this page", it will give you a link with your referral tracker in it.

2. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Are you remembering to put the '_' sign before your referral code? So it'll be hxxp://hubpages.com/_referralcode/hub/hubname.

2. Pandoras Box profile image81

Thank you guys. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. Izzy that was what i did wrong the first time, despite having read it, lol. But then the second time it was I forgot to put a slash / between the refer code and the hub so it was reading /_refercodehub/hubname.

Knew I was doing something stupid.

And Arthur you're right and i should have just done it that way in the first place.

3. Pandoras Box profile image81

Well I'll never make those mistakes again.

(I hope.)

4. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

The handy thing about knowing exactly how to write in the referral tracker is that you can then make your own up for when you want to know where hits are coming from etc.

5. darkside profile image79
    darksideposted 6 years ago

Go to the page that you want to refer, copy and paste it into a text doc, then put _trackername/ just after the hubpages.com/ and you're done.

working