jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Is it ok to include an RSS feed to the same feed on all your hubs?

1. Bendo13 profile image87
    Bendo13posted 6 years ago

I have a fitness blog I write on... it's on my own site and separate from hubpages.

I'm curious if it's ok by hubpages rules to include that RSS feed on all the fitness hubs I've wrote on here?

I'm not sure if that'd be considered overly promotional or not...

Anyone know?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

HubPages rules say that if every single one of your Hubs links to the same website, you can get flagged for being overly promotional.

In practice, I know one or two Hubbers who use a signature on all their Hubs, which includes a link back to their blog - and they get away with it.

I doubt you'd get away with an RSS feed, though - too many links.

A more effective way, which would avoid any problems, would be to use contextual links within your Hub text - one each Hub.

Bendo13posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah I decided against doing it... Especially since sometimes I link to my hubpage blogs in my other blog...

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Since the RSS feed is related to the contents of your hubs, there should be no problem, provided that you do not also include links to your blog in the body text of your hub.

Yeah I don't usually link to my blog in any of my hubs...

Just thought it'd be a good idea to include it like how people usually include the news feed.

3. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 6 years ago

An RSS feed of what? Of your own hubs? Of related news? Unless there's a specific reason for doing it on a hub by hub basis, I'd avoid doing it as a matter of habit.

I see some people adding their (whole) title to news feeds and it gives very random results, because not much thought went into their title in the first place.

In the whole content column of my hub page I am in complete control, other than Adsense ads, of where people click through to. So I'm not leaving anything to chance. I won't give a person the option of clicking to another site and losing them unless I know exactly where they're going to.

If you don't do it right all you're doing is working hard to get traffic and funneling it somewhere else where it isn't going to benefit you.

I was thinking of including an RSS feed to my personal blog on my fitness site at the bottom of each of my fitness hubs... right above the news links.

But I decided not to do it because it may or may not be allowed... rather not risk it.

I got the idea after looking at squidoo's set up... all the things you can add.

I only have one "lense" on there and I don't like the layout at all I just liked the idea of including my blog feed.