jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

OMG Indexed in Hours Traffic Already!

1. 0
    TiffanyDowposted 8 years ago

I'm amazed. I'm used to a 24 hour indexing, or a few days, but hours?

I created a Hub on how I'm looking for a Fort Worth Lasik surgeon here: http://hubpages.com/hub/Lasik-Fort-Worth and it's already gotten a Google hit and I checked and it's on page 6 already. I just created it hours ago.

This is fantastic!
    Of course, that's a long-tail phrase, but still...I'm happy!

1. Inspirepub profile image90
      Inspirepubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Only page 6?

You have a long way to go, grasshopper ....

*eyebrow waggle*

P.S. Seriously, though, I found out Oprah was running a segment on one of my topics just 36 hours before the show went to air, and in less than 12 hours I had a brand-new Hub on page 1 of Google for "Suze Orman 9 Steps". Even better, in that Hub I linked to a brand new domain, just bought it two days before, which wasn't even indexed by Google, and the page on that domain that my Hub pointed at was indexed before the show went to air. The main front page was still not indexed - but the page my Hub pointed to was.

2. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

That's my general experience on hP - but I thought it as because I have a great hubscore - your's is reasonable but not great.  Therefore its the site that gets you indexed fast rather than the author's characteristics - assuming you can write an article of course!

I am therefore curious - why won't my squidoo lens's get indexed  -I have had 1 for  > month now - its indexed in squidoo but google doesnt want to know - yet I know squidoo is much bigger than HP ?

3. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

I've had several like that. In my experience, the more unique it is, the faster it gets indexed, but that's probably not the case.  I don't know. *shurgs*

4. Sibaire profile image61
    Sibaireposted 8 years ago

It probably got indexed quickly because

- That particular phrase is fairly unique, and not searched for a lot
    - HubPages high site traffic helps you get a high rank

Or you just got lucky smile, anyway, nice results!

5. Sibaire profile image61

Nice story Inspirepub, but how did you find out what was going to air on Oprah? If I knew I would write a hub before every Oprah episode - imagine the viewing possibilities yikes

6. Inspirepub profile image90
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Subscribe to Oprah's magazine wink

7. Sibaire profile image61

Haha, somehow I don't think that would be a good idea for me tongue. If one of my friends were to see my e-mail then yeah, they might think i'm a bit of a sissy.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

Oprah does have a website smile

9. 0
    TiffanyDowposted 8 years ago

Oh oh! I'm on page 5 today smile~ lol

There are 20 pages and I started on page 6. I'm proud smile
    Did you know marketers pay $31+ to bid on that keyword phrase?

10. Susan Ng profile image89
    Susan Ngposted 8 years ago

Isn't it exciting?  After reading your comments, I tried searching for a hub I published around 5-6 hours ago using the keyword "caring for kittens" and there my hub was on page 5 and at the very top, too.  Yipee! smile