jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)

I can not seem to upload images to my hub, WHY ??

1. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 6 years ago

I need help uploading pictures

2. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

I cannot tell you why but there is a problem at times -loading photos.

When I have had this in the past the loggo for loading keeps whirling around even after the photo is appearing in the box of the photo capsule. Usually I just give up save the hub as unpublished and return later and it works.

Sorry I am not very technical minded that is the best I can explain it. Someone else may be able to offer a solution.

CYBERSUPEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I did try that as well, most of the times it will not work. Most frustrating, Many Thanks for you help.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

The easiest solution is usually to delete the image capsule, create a new one, try again. If that does not work, save your work, exit edit mode, then go back and edit again.

Another thing, some browsers tend to work better than others. Firefox tends to be a safe bet. I am not saying that the browser is the cause, but shifting may yield better results in general.

Thank You and yes I did try that which you suggested, still not much luck. How do I get to this Firebox browser ??

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can get the portable version (no installation required) from www.portableapps.com. So you can try it, see how you like it. The same site also has the portable version of Google Crome, you may try that as well. Both are free. You can see them under the Applications menu, Internet.

Portable means you can move them, e.g. to a USB drive, and also remove them simply by deleting the directory.

If you decide you want the regular, installed versions, you can download them from Mozilla's website (Firefox) or from Google Crome's website.

Thank You so much for your time. It is very nice of you to give me (a computer dummy) a hand.

2. viking305 profile image89
      viking305posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes Website Examiner is correct.  It used to drive me mad.  What I have to do is this.  When in edit mode click on how many photo capsules you want to add to your hub.  They say 5 is the least you should put on each hub if possible. 

Go to each photo module and try to upload a photo.  When it keeps going round and round on the photo capsule then press SAVE on that capsule.  Do this for all your photo capsules.  Then go to DONE EDITING.  Now go back into EDIT and scroll down to the photo capsules.  They will ALL work perfectly now.

WOW ! Thank You so much. I will give this a try.

4. Army Infantry Mom profile image59
    Army Infantry Momposted 6 years ago

I tried All solutions,.. Nothing is working This is getting fusterating,.. guess I'll publish hub with out the pics to go along,.. bummer

1. Eileen Hughes profile image83
      Eileen Hughesposted 6 years ago

In all honesty I am thoroughly fed up trying to load photos.  IF I AM VERY LUCKY I MAY GET ONE UP AND I have to reduce it so much its not worth even uploading them.

Why is this such a HUGE problem to so many people. Why Cant hubpages do something about it.

I know I and many others have complained but it is making a mockery of our pics because when they do load they are such poor quality its not worth the effort.

I have tried png gigs and Jpegs and all no different just hang

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree, this has been going on for weeks and has been taking up a lot of our time. You could post a new thread in the "Report a problem or suggest a new feature" forum. Make sure to mention "Administrator" in the headline and "fix with image problems urgently needed," something like that. If you do this, I will back you up.

1. Eileen Hughes profile image83
          Eileen Hughesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Website examiner 
          Ok will do that. tar

2. Eileen Hughes profile image83
      Eileen Hughesposted 6 years ago

Website examiner
      Just out of curiosity did you notice that the adminstrators did not even bother to try and help their hubpage contributors.

This is real disappointing

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
        Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They would if it was in the correct forum, or if the OP emailed them.

And I've never had problems uploading pictures. You have to make sure they are large enough so they don't pixilate when you put them on your hub.

3. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I have been posting to at least 10 threads about this issue, mostly in the Help forum, others in Report a Problem forum.

Changing the browser can solve many problems, and I have repeatedly been advising hubbers to do so. However, this is not the answer to everything; Some users tried all major browsers and still reported problems, as shown above.

I am all for helping one another, but when a problem becomes so persistent it is natural to ask what is going on and what HubPages could do about it. HubPages ought to work flawlessly in most or all major browsers, in any event.

4. theirishobserver. profile image61
      theirishobserver.posted 6 years ago

I have published a new hub today that has 26 of my own origional pics - it has taken me about twelve hours to up load these pictures - I used firefox - usually it is fast - but it keep saying - waiting for response from hubpages smile

5. suziecat7 profile image80
      suziecat7posted 6 years ago

I am also having the same problem both with IE and Firefox.

6. eltravose profile image59
      eltravoseposted 6 years ago

save to web, copy image location

working