jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (25 posts)

Comments on Hubs

1. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 8 years ago

Some hubs have thousands of comments which make them very difficult to read, would it be possible to have a comments archive added to those hubs, for example they could show the ten latest comments and a link to more comments for this page, it would help keep the pages to be more readable and easier to manage.....jimmy

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I second this smile

1. stephhicks68 profile image83
      stephhicks68posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Third!  Great idea, Jimmy!

3. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 8 years ago

I was just thinking that recently as I had to scroll a loooong way down on one of my hubs to get to the most recent so I could approve it.

4. Bonnie Ramsey profile image89
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 8 years ago

Awsome idea, Jimmy! Maybe the "Hub Gods" will get this started for us! That would be nice!

Bonnie

5. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 8 years ago

I am for it if it is the last 10 most relevant comments that will be displayed. If a reader wants to read all the comments before posting his/her own, there should be an option for it too smile

6. johnr54 profile image52
    johnr54posted 8 years ago

Just a thought on the downside of this.  Much of the link love your profile page gets on Hubpages is from comments, which all link back to your profile.  If a comment archive page is created, it will put those comments on those pages in link oblivion, passing very little page rank.

1. Misha profile image74
      Mishaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

True, I did not think about this...

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image91
        Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Wouldn't the links still exist, just on another page?

1. Misha profile image74
          Mishaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

This page will have much lower page rank than the original hub page, so links will be lower quality.

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image91
            Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Ah, I see.  Gotcha.

7. MrMarmalade profile image79
    MrMarmaladeposted 8 years ago

Great Idea.
    I do not have to worry too much. Never had 1,000's of comments.

1. DJ Funktual profile image86
      DJ Funktualposted 8 years ago in reply to this

My thoughts exactly...a problem i'd love to have.

2. 0
      Abhinayaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Ditto!! smile

1. VioletSun profile image69
        VioletSunposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I third that! Maybe one day when I am rich and famous, I will have 1,000's of comments. smile

8. Whitney05 profile image63
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

I so asked about this several months ago and no one like the idea. :-( Maybe I conveyed the idea differently.

I think showing the latest 10-15 comments would be much better. There could be a link for next 16-30 comments or a "see all comments" button.

9. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

Limiting the number of comments displayed seems like a good option to add to the comments capsule.  We'll see what we can do.

10. Paraglider profile image87
    Paragliderposted 8 years ago

I like the idea, especially if the page author could have a 'sticky' feature to select favourite comments for display, not just latest comments.

1. belief713 profile image78
      belief713posted 8 years ago in reply to this

That seems like a good upgrade to Mischa's idea.

11. MrMarmalade profile image79
    MrMarmaladeposted 8 years ago

I did, to my mind a great hub and it managed 8 comments.another one which has been held up for review is still going strong and keeps managing to climb to the top every other week.
    No telling other people's tastes.

12. compu-smart profile image80
    compu-smartposted 8 years ago

Great idea!!
    There are some hubs that will just about open up because of the large amount of comments!!

13. ngureco profile image87
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

A very good suggestion and the hub owner would have more pages for adsense impressions. And still on the same note,  I have a feeling many hubbers and visitors would be interested in a counter that shows the number of visitors online at any one moment?

14. Whitney05 profile image63

Bump

15. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image76
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

Comment section should remain as it is. There are only a few hubs having so many comments. most of the hubs have only few. New suggession will create a humble-jumble.
    Jyoti kothari

16. Whitney05 profile image63

There are actually a number of hubs with tons of comments. It will help loading and make the page easier to scroll.

working