jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Yippee, beginning to understand how to backlink to traffic build..

1. salt profile image65
    saltposted 6 years ago

I think by jove Ive got it. Ive a few hubs that do ok.. now its just building traffic and getting the work pace set at an easy pace that I can work at..

Havent had any amazon sales yet, ??? Dont know why, would have thought I would have had at least one or two.. but doing ok with adsense..

Beginning to make sense of where I can go and what I can do with all this.

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's brilliant, Salt! So glad to hear it smile
      My backlinking techniques never seem to work...am still waiting for that eureka moment.
      However, my traffic is building slowly but surely, but only on about 10 or so hubs out of all the ones I have.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
        EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Snap.  I have a few hubs that get plenty of love from the search engines, but an awful lot more that are lucky to receive a couple of visits a week!

Over the last month I've written what I hope are some good, commercial hubs and have backlinked them, so it will be interesting to see how they do.

2. salt profile image65
    saltposted 6 years ago

Izzy, you are wonderful!!!! I am happy that I have 3 or 4 hubs doing well, a plan on how to cross link niche topics and am working on some basic traffic based sites, some interest based... building photos and just plodding along.

I was getting a bit upset that I wasnt getting where I wanted to and now I am slowing down enough to get things done properly again.

And Ive made my first $20... its taken a little while, yet it seems like there is a steady stream of income about to develop as the trickle is increasing, along with my article ideas.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
      EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Did you sign up for Adsense when you first joined HP, or did you do it more recently?

3. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

WTG on that first $20!! Now whatever you did on these 3 or 4 hubs that are starting to pay off, you need to do on the rest! Get them all working for you, after all you put the work in making them. I need to do that too, but unfortunately there are not enough hours in the day!
    One of my hubs has been getting battered with hits all this week, but ALL the traffic is from other hubbers. I am assuming Hubpages has been promoting it or something, but that'll die off and I'll be left with no traffic to it, because it's not picking up any search engine traffic.
    It's been backlinked elsewhere, but it's on a very competitive topic.

4. salt profile image65
    saltposted 6 years ago

I only really started writing from August last year.. It took a couple of months to learn what I was doing and a few hubs to find what works and what doesnt...

So Im happy with having made my first 20 dollars, as traffic flow has increased over the past 2 months and is climbing..

5. climberjames profile image60
    climberjamesposted 6 years ago

Well done Salt, I am yet to break the $20 boundary . . .

6. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 6 years ago

I have not yet worked out the back link thing smile

7. Glenn S. profile image59
    Glenn S.posted 6 years ago

Well done Salt, Congrats

8. Shona Venter profile image82
    Shona Venterposted 6 years ago

Well done, Salt.

I'm also still very much in the learning stages regarding backlinks as well. i think the main thing is to not give up, and those of us who are still learning, can learn a lot from the hub masters :-)

Well done on the first $20. I still have quite a way to go to get there.