jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Google AdSense Publicizes Revenue Share Percentage

1. Fiction Teller profile image61
    Fiction Tellerposted 7 years ago

As promised, Google AdSense has announced on their blog the revenue share they give to publishers:

http://adsense.blogspot.com/2010/05/ads … share.html

For folks with accounts on eHow, Suite101, and other big publishers, it looks like this rate may not apply, as the revenue share percentage may be customized to the site - we don't know.

1. thisisoli profile image59
      thisisoliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah I just wrote about this over <no self-promoting links>

This is just for standard adsense, not a premium partner, but it is interesting to note that Adsense for content earns you 68% rev share, compared to 51% with Adsense for Search.

2. Fiction Teller profile image61
    Fiction Tellerposted 7 years ago

Is HubPages a premium partner?  I'm thinking they are, but that our AdSense shares of the revenue would be at the regular rate.

3. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing this!

its about what we had speculated but its great to know for sure now

1. thisisoli profile image59
      thisisoliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Google has mentioned that it aims for just below 70% for adsense for content before, the Adsense for Search was interesting though!

4. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

Wow, after all this time they finally spill!

5. lender3212000 profile image86
    lender3212000posted 7 years ago

From working on both the advertising and publishing side of the business, I had estimated it to be about 65% but it is nice that they finally disclosed the exact percentage. Where the numbers get really interesting is when you look at what you are earning and compare it to what you are actually generating in revenue before everyone takes their cut.

working