jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Changing Hub Title and Google Indexing

1. Susan Ng profile image90
    Susan Ngposted 8 years ago

I've recently changed the title of a hub, and I noticed that it still has the old title when it comes up on Google search.  Will Google update the title of my hub in future search results to match the new title of the same hub?

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Yes, it will eventually smile

3. ngureco profile image85
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Google will change to the new title but not immediately - in about two to three months, Google spiders will visit the entire hub pages and during that time they will note all changes and count all the links, and then using an approximation equation, they compute the corresponding Page Rank for each an every page in the entire world wide web. If the two - three months interval is ending soon, then you can see the new title within days.

Perhaps you can try pinging which follows the same principle of social bookmarking. Autopinger and Pingomatic are two sites that ping - which is ending your hub link to many social bookmarking and blog directory websites all at once. From there hopefully Google can pick on it as a new hub and will quickly spreads the word your hub is new and out.

4. Susan Ng profile image90

Eventually sounds pretty far off.  Hehe. tongue  But it's better than "no", I guess.  Thanks, Misha. smile

1. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

LOL Susan, it is not in the range of months as ngureco suggests. With Hubpages it happens much faster. In a week or so you should be able to see the changes, may be even faster smile

1. topstuff profile image59
        topstuffposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I also changed one title before one week and still google shows the old one.

1. Misha profile image75

It could have changed lately with the number of pages growing dramatically over here, but so far it never took my hubs more than a week to get updated on search engines...

5. Susan Ng profile image90

Hi, ngureco.  Unfortunately, the second paragraph of your reply went right past my head.  Hehe. big_smile  But I'm glad that the title of my hub will be updated in a few days.  Thanks. smile

6. Susan Ng profile image90

I see.  (Or so I think. Hahaha! big_smile)  Thanks again, Misha. smile

7. ngureco profile image85

Just go to http://autopinger.com and add your url of your hub, then press submit and the computer will do the rest.

8. topstuff profile image59
    topstuffposted 8 years ago

A good information,but i want to know if it couldbe helpful if a hub is pinged after publishing.Thanks if anyone could reply.

1. Misha profile image75

Sure it is helpful. As long as you use it to let the world know you publish or changed your hub - and don't expect it to improve your Google ranking smile

9. ngureco profile image85

Topstaff,

I am of the opinion your question: Is it helpful if a hub is pinged after it has been published? can generate very helpful answers. I am sending it out there to the entire hubpages community as a request hoping somebody will post a hub on it.

Thank you.

10. Susan Ng profile image90

It actually didn't take long.  The title got updated on its own a couple of days after I started this topic. smile  But then it wasn't on the fifth page anymore.  I had to dig deep to find it. tongue  Hmm... maybe it was a bad move to change the hub's title? hmm

working