jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

I can't upload photos to the photo capsule!

1. 0
    sarahsherlockposted 6 years ago

Help me fellow hubbers! When I try to upload a photo to my hub (even really small files) all I get is the 'uploading' message but the photo never actually uploads. I have only started experiencing this since yesterday and have never had a problem before.

I have tried this now on two consecutive days and on two different PCs but with no joy. Am I alone with this problem? What do I need to do to fix it?

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

The good news (maybe the only good news) is that you are not alone, far from it.

You may want to see if importing pictures from the Internet works better than uploading from your computer. That is my preferred method, and I have had no insurmountable problems, but that is only a wild guess. Otherwise, please check this forum thread, just one of multiple recent discussions:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/43896

1. 0
      sarahsherlockposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Fantastic - thank you so much! Your advice about saving the capsule whilst it was uploading, clicking 'done editing' and then going back into edit mode seems to have worked.

I really appreciate your help - thanks again!

3. 0

You are welcome. There was a whole buffet of advice, and some of it even worked; how nice!

4. ChimPhungHoang profile image61
    ChimPhungHoangposted 6 years ago

I cannot type in text capsules now
    any clue whats up?
    i can do pics and type n post in forums but text capsules in brand new hubs seem to be screwed up

5. 0

I suggest trying a different browser, like Firefox or Google Chrome, this often makes a difference.

1. ChimPhungHoang profile image61
      ChimPhungHoangposted 6 years ago in reply to this

the one on which it wont work is firefox
      it works a little bit on explorer
      it worked a couple days ago with firefox
      wonder what the trouble is?
      how do you get google chrome?

6. 0

The trouble is probably here with the site, not with your computer. Very similar to the trouble with images. Still, it is a fact that some browsers tend to respond better than do others. I suggest trying Google Chrome. If you don't want to install it, you can get the portable version from www.portableapps.com.

Also, be sure to try all the usual solutions, like clearing cache, logging off et cetera - all workarounds, since the problem is on the site. It should be working, but isn't, so it is up to you to either wait or find a workaround.

1. ChimPhungHoang profile image61
      ChimPhungHoangposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks man, you've been a big help!!

working