jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Unable to upload a profile Photo

1. jamadeus profile image79
    jamadeusposted 6 years ago

I have been trying all day to upload a profile photo.

Sometimes it uploads and allows me to adjust the yellow cropping square, sometimes the photo won't appear at all.

But either way, when I click on "crop", it does not get saved, i.e. my profile pic is still blank.

I have looked for an option to see if I can get it from the web, but I am unable to see such an option.

Please Help!

Thanks.

Jamadeus.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would try a different browser, like Firefox tends to do well. Or Google Chrome.

If you don't want to install them, you can get the portable versons at www.portableapps.com.

2. profile image0
    MyMoneyTalksposted 6 years ago

I had this problem earlier but after 3rd attempt it was ok smile

1. jamadeus profile image79
      jamadeusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the help. Out of all the three browsers, it was Google Chrome that did the trick!.

Thanks.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Which one of you was it?

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Chrome has the best rendering engine, it is a supreme browser in many ways. Congrats, nice profile picture too.

5. hongkongpom profile image75
    hongkongpomposted 6 years ago

Hi there guys,

I've been trying to upload a profile photo for the last three days.

I'm using a 200x200 888kB image which shouldn't have been a problem.

I upload the photo but all I get is a gray box with a red cross on the top left corner.

I press "crop" and I my photo appears in my profile but it's not been cropped properly; so need to do it again but I still suffer the gray screen lurgie.

I've rebooted my confuser several times wondering if it was a memory issue but no difference.

I have a screen capture but this forum won't let me post it :-(

Edit: Just noticed you can see my profile photo in my post but the top of my beautful Rainbow Lorikeet's head has been cut off.

1. hongkongpom profile image75
      hongkongpomposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've managed to get this working but it is flaky on IE8

When I initially got the gray box I pressed the refresh button and the image appeared. I then cropped the image, pressed the crop button but nothing changed.

I deleted the temp Internet files and tried again. Next time the image was there but the cropping still didn't work.

Third time was the charm...well almost. I got the gray box again and pressed the refesh button. I then got the picture, cropped the image and this time it worked as you can see in my profile picture.

Suggest the admin support guys investigate this as it's too flaky for my liking especially as I don't have any problem on other website forums and I'm not about to change my browser to humour a bug in HubPage's profile picture updater tool.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Firefox is officially recommended for HubPages. Google Chrome also works well for most purposes. As you can see from the discussion above, image-related problems are often solved by using those browsers instead of IE.

6. jondav profile image64
    jondavposted 6 years ago

agreed, i have never had any problems with Firefox

working