jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

1. IzzyM profile image84
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Perhaps someone here can help me.
    I signed up with them and have an article all ready prepared in Word ready to offer them.
    But I'm being denied the use of the copy/paste function.
    There was a notice came up telling me that if I come right out of Firefox and search out the Profile directory in Firefox, add several lines of code, and restart the program it would work.
    I found the directory, made up the folder (because there wasn't one there) but I couldnt add the lines because it wasn't a text editor and I've no idea what to do now.
    I am not re-writing a 650 word article.
    I've emailed InfoBarrel with my problem. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a quick way round it?

1. 60
      Old Frogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I can help you. You have brought up a lot of questions. So let me address them one at a time. First, I will do you a favor by telling you not to write for InfoBarrel.
      Negative feedback about Info Barrel
      You brought up the question of technical problems with their website when uploading articles. Let me tell you from my short, but turbulent experience there, that the site was in Beta and probably still is. However, the kind staff at InfoBarrel did not label it as such, which is generally expected from computer programmers and the like… The fact that they conveniently omitted this information shows they have no respect for their users.
      A site that is in Beta means it is still in development, still in testing and not polished yet for general use.  InfoBarrel  is understaffed so they don’t fix bugs, and generally ignore emails so don’t waste your efforts on that.  When people bring up technical problems in their forums, the members rush to the admin’s defense with all kinds of excuses. I have yet to see even one technical glitch on HubPages. Also, this brings up the question: If the site is so good, why must the members constantly defend the staff? Something of quality can stand on its own...Apparently, with Info barrel that's not the case. Because they need crutches to prop it up.
      I will quote another Hubber who said it best of all:

InfoBarrel just becomes junkier and junkier by the minute! I doubt it ever will since their quality is on the rapid decline.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

That sounds very weird.  I've never tried Infobarrel so I can't help.

Have you tried pasting the text into a plain text program (like Notepad) and copying it from there instead?

3. Anamika S profile image71
    Anamika Sposted 6 years ago

I have never faced such a problem. You could try Ctrl+C for copying and Ctrl+V for pasting instead of the direct copy-paste application.

4. IzzyM profile image84
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Oh man this is an old thread!

I suppose I should update it.

Someone from Infobarrel got in touch with me to explain that this issue I described happened when using Firefox and to try another browser.
    I now regularly use Chrome, but actually forgot to go back and post that article I wrote for Infobarrel and it's been tucked away in a folder ever since.

Thanks for the reminder and the info about Infobarrel.