So, I, as many of you, are moderately active on hubpages. Starting hubs with a lot of responses is actually quite fun. There are some tricks to starting a good hub topic that I would like to share, but I would also like to hear some of your thoughts as well.
Here is my advice as follows:
1. Make it controversial. (Especially with regards to religion!) When you get people mad at each other, or discussing at length, you can usually get A LOT of responses.
2. Make it funny. This will illicit a lot of great responses and counter punch lines.
3. Make it a game! We've all played scrabble and had a lot of word play.
4. Respond to people that ask questions.
5. Sometimes you have to accept that your hub topic is dead. Your responses on a once-active hub topic can make people bored so you trying to single-handedly bring it back to life can annoy people.
This could have been a hub, but I wanted to write it here to see what ideas you all have as well about making a hub topic with longevity.
Also, to get as many responses as possible. tee hee.
True! Content is key for money making,
But to have fun in the forums?
Make people with strong opposing opinions duke it out.
by Erin3 years ago
Hi ya'll. I'm a newbie and am wondering what hub scores ranging from 47 to 56 mean? What is a "good" hub score and how does that impact things?Thanks so much!!!
by Catherine Giordano18 months ago
My hub scores range from 65 to 87 as of the last time I looked. My average is 73. To me it seems like I have a "C" average. I'm disappointed and discouraged. I am doing everything that is...
by sunforged2 years ago
Had trouble sleeping, got up to look at the snowfall here in NY, grab some tea and a cigarette.Sat down to check my mail real quick.WooHoo 7 new comments since I tried to go to sleep 3 hours ago! Nothing...
by sheilamyers18 months ago
I don't worry about hubscores as long as my hubs get featured the first time I hit "publish". I know the score can start off low but can steadily climb over time. Curiosity has finally gotten the better of me...
by Simone Haruko Smith5 years ago
What advice could you give to people interested in starting their own businesses? Share your tips and entrepreneurial expertise as part of this week’s Weekly Topic Inspiration challenge! If you don’t know where to...
by Several Ninjas6 years ago
Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.