jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

It would be nice if commenters could get updated on new comments

1. dutch84 profile image60
    dutch84posted 6 years ago

A lot of our hubs end up turning into a discussion and one comment leads to another and sometimes you leave a comment that is directed to somebody. How is that person supposed to know that you're talking to them? I propose that hubpages makes it possible for people leaving comments to have an option to receive further notifications (or to "follow the conversation") of comments left on a given hub. That way we can keep the conversations going and keep people coming back to our hubs. What do you think?

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Dutch84,

Every time someone leaves a comment on my hub, I receive an email. The setting is in your profile.

I'm not sure if I'm following you about following the conversation. Comments in between a commenter and your response, I usually signify "@hubbername" to identify who I am talking to.

It seems to be what most people presently do. smile

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Nah Gags, if I understood Dutch correctly, she means comments that you left on others' hubs. Like you can request to be emailed any time someone posts a comment on  a blog post you commented on - on some blogs.

Dutch, not sure I want that much clutter in my inbox though. But then if I can turn this off I don't really care. smile

BTW you can always go to My account and click on "Comments you made" under Interaction smile

4. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

oh, okay Misha. hmm