jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

How do you know a Hub is popular?

1. Jaysmine profile image60
    Jaysmineposted 6 years ago

Obviously you know this by the # of views but how many views per day equates to a popular hub? I would think if you're getting 10-15 views in the first 7days a hub is around that you are in good shape with it? Or am I wrong?

1. wesleycox profile image82
      wesleycoxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It varies, I had a hub a good time ago that got 16000 views in a day and a half.  That was a popular hub.  However, it was a passing fad, but the hub still gets a good number of traffic.  10 to 15 views in seven days are most likely hubber views, which are good but don't equate to anything.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Like Wesley said, views in your first few weeks are all other Hubbers, and that tells you nothing about how successful a Hub will be in the long run. 

What equates to popular will vary from person to person - people like Relache wouldn't be happy unless they had thousands of views every day, whereas I would be happy with a lot less!

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've never said I wouldn't be happy unless I had thousands of views every day, and I'm really surprised that you put those words in my mouth, Marisa.  I would appreciate it if you didn't attribute quotes to me that you made up yourself.

When I started out here, I got just a handful of views per day just like nearly everyone else when they start out.  And I've got Hubs right now that might only get one or two views per day. 

Anyone who wants to achieve high traffic levels can if they apply themselves and allow the time for it to happen.

1. Aficionada profile image94
          Aficionadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

"Relax," relache. big_smile  I won't try to put words into Marisa's mouth now, but I did take her comment about you as an indirect compliment to you!  That is, I thought she meant that your Hubs generally get so many views that a large number of views would be your norm and anything less would be disappointing.  Just MHO.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
            Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Aficionada, that's exactly how I did mean it.  Sorry if I upset you, Relache.

2. 60
    jaykizrobcookposted 6 years ago

I'm a beginner and wanted to put myself out there on Hub Pages for the first time.  Signed up a few minutes ago and I must say it's slow betting your mind to work.  Hopefully I can become  a pro at posting Hubs that will catch someones eye and remain popular at least for a few minutes.

3. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

'Popularity' is hard to judge. A large amount of traffic to a page does not neccessarily make your page 'popular', as nobody knows what it says before they click on it. It perhaps makes your title popular and summary or first sentence of your hub popular.

The only measures of 'popularity' that I can really think of are a) has anybody shared your hub? They must have liked it if they thought to Digg it or ping it to Stumble Upon. Or perhaps b) Do people buy an item that you have recommended? They must have been pretty convinced to spend their hard earned cash. Or maybe c) They have sat and written a long comment about how good your hub is.

A lot of people may walk passed a market stall, it only becomes popular when it has plenty of happy customers wink

1. 49lart profile image68
      49lartposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Google Analysis tool will indicate how many unique visits and returning visits. Retuning visits mean your works is liked. To make your hubs more popular network on other sites and blog you latest hub.

4. eltravose profile image60
    eltravoseposted 6 years ago

I believe it's considered popular if people go out of their way to comment, and reply to comments on it.  Views just means exposure, and not necessarily popularity. imo..