jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

when is it time for a hub makeover?

1. jdaviswrites profile image94
    jdaviswritesposted 6 years ago

do you constantly update/edit old hubs. or is there a minimum traffic threshold that if you don't make, you go back and edit. i'm just deciding whether it is time for some of my hubs to get a makeover or not...

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 6 years ago

I'll add something if a snippet of new information comes along, or a book or some product has been released that would make for a good addition to the Amazon capsule.

Otherwise I don't fuss or fret over old hubs.

I have no minimum traffic threshold. I can have a hub that gets no visits for a few days, and then it'll have 3, and one of those 3 visits will have a person click on an ad and it'll be worth a couple of bucks. Every topic/niche/call-it-what-you-will will have varying degrees of traffic.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

I've done quite a bit of tweaking on my Hubs, but generally it's because I've learned something new  - for instance, when I discovered you shouldn't have a photo at the top of your Hub, I went back and moved all my photos.  And when I learned about the new keyword feature, I went and checked a lot of my Hubs for that. 

If you've been learning about writing online, there's a good chance your earlier Hubs do need tweaking, but it's got nothing to do with traffic and more to do with an awareness of things you should have done.

1. jdaviswrites profile image94
      jdaviswritesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

this is all really good to know...I have many hubs with photos at the top of them...(woops)

What is the keyword feature you learned about?