jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (19 posts)

I'm whining!

1. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

I'm whining...got any cheese?

I'm so tired.  I haven't written in ages. I haven't been keeping up with my volunteer duties.  The moving company will be here next week & I'm knee deep in boxes.  My normal immaculate house is so cluttered - driving me insane!  My 14 year old is starting to feel the pain of moving from his life long friends.  My 19 year old has moved into a fraternity (for the summer) and doesn't want to come home to help me out.  She did get her stuff packed & moved, but still....

I went to the doctor yesterday and have tendinitis in my foot & leg and I'm suppose to rest it (hurts like hell). 

Hubby will be home Saturday, his parents come on Sunday for a few days & he wants me to make a big turkey dinner.  He will be home for 2, maybe 3 days before he, my daughter & the dog start the road trip to Cali.  There is so much that he needs to do before the movers come. Hubby already took our two big carry on bags to Cali which leaves me with two small carry on bags to pack - which means when he leaves with our pickup, he takes all of my stuff that can't go carry on....shampoo, hair spray, gel, girl stuff - ladies, you know what I mean.

I won't have internet for 10 or more days - my lifeline (how sad it that)!

So I could use a virtual hug. Or many!

Whine complete - somehow I feel better just typing this out to the virtual world where no one knows me!

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But at least you don't have any serious problems to deal with.  There, feel better now?

2. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

3. PrettyPanther profile image86
      PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Stop!  You're scaring me!  We are going to be moving cross country in about three months (from Oregon to Missouri).

Seriously, I know it must be terribly stressful trying to get all of that done.  And if it were my hubby requesting a turkey dinner in the middle of all that, I would have it catered and call it good!  big_smile

Hugs to you and take care of that tendonitis (been there, too).

1. KeithTax profile image80
        KeithTaxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I do not want to pick nits, but, technically, that is only half way across country.

4. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

aww im sorry to hear your going through all this.  I hope things work out for you.  However, I know your a strong person, I have faith you'll be okay.  (hugs)  anyway, i hope you have a safe trip also.  im sure i speak for almost everyone here when I say you'll definitely be missed.

2. leeberttea profile image60
    leebertteaposted 6 years ago

Here's a virtual hug for you!

I hope you feel better.

3. charanjeet kaur profile image59
    charanjeet kaurposted 6 years ago

Here sending one right away, and After 10 days you wont even know. It will be a passing phase and you will be back in touch.

4. myownworld profile image80
    myownworldposted 6 years ago

I loved your honest rant.... ah, real life...and it's practicalities... how they get to one sometimes!
    I hope you find some time for yourself soon... a few quiet moments just to be... take care smile

5. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

A little bit of a rant when your hubby requests a turkey dinner in the middle of a cross country move is totally acceptable to me - Seriously though, you sound like a saint to me!  lol smile

6. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 6 years ago

I'm sorry about your troubles Jane.  Your hubby seems very inconsiderate under the circumstances.  Perhaps you can force his parents to help you pack if they're staying a while.  That'll show him.  Don't be such a saint.  Put your foot down (oww..that hurts yikes).

You need to take a few moments every few hours to do some deep breathing and thinking positive thoughts.  This is, after all just a temporary inconvenience.  Once you're all settled again, you'll wonder what the fuss was about.  Just let it go.

Sorry I don't have any virtual cheese, but hell..I've got lots of virtual hugs smile smile smile smile smile smile

7. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Have a good vent Jane, or alternatively just book yourself into a nice relaxing spa for a few days and let them get on with it!

8. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Jane, here's a big hug!

9. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

You have enough hugs, so now you just need:

And, while you're drinking it, look at the bright side.  You'll have fodder for moving hubs about boxes, packing techniques, dealing with relocating a teenager, issues with moving a kid into college, how to clean up the blood after you shank your husband to death with a sharpened turkey leg, making a prison shiv out of turkey bones, and who knows whatever other things you'll have to write on.

Look at this as having a nice blast of life to fuel your writing fires.

10. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

Wow... Sorry to hear all that is going on at once... Tell your husband, to go buy KFC or something. Ha.

I agree that sometimes posting online and whining online makes you feel better... I have done it... I'm about to relieve some tension by writing on a word doc just to get out what I need to say. Sometimes that helps; just makes my fingers hurt because by the end of it I have pages upon pages of stuff. :-/

The break from the internet may help.

11. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

Ah, thanks everyone!  KFC sounds good, as does the sharpened turkey leg lol

Well I spent a good part of the day cleaning the house back to immaculate, we have a showing tonight!

The other stress, we now own two homes & I really want this one to sell.

I'm enlisting the in-laws to help - I have boxes for them...lol, but I feel bad, they are driving 6 hours to come and say goodbye.

12. lorlie6 profile image85
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

I've got an idea, Jane!  Go back to the doctor and tell him to change his diagnosis to a broken leg!  By God, then you'll get that 19 year old home to help!  And you'll have plenty of time to indulge in Shadesbreath's beer. That others will serve to you! wink
    Poor girl-I've moved so often I've vowed never to do it again, but you never know.  I so hope you enjoy turkey, my dear, it'd be a terrible pity if you were not a big fan!
    See you in 10 days!!
    Almost forgot...HUG!

1. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We will be kinda neighbors in 10 days -- woo hoo smile

My daughter came home right away when I told her we had a showing - she is a good girl, I told her she needed a break this month & yet I still need her!

If I have a broken leg, then maybe I can get one of those airport guys to drive me to the gate when we fly out lol

I'm having Shadesbreath's beer tonight - its a homemade dark honey.

13. emievil profile image85
    emievilposted 6 years ago

I got tired just reading your post smile. We'll miss you for those 10 days Jane but hope you get everything done during that time.

Oh and here's a virtual hug for you. Good luck. smile