jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Amazon Widgets and Revenue Capsules

1. Flash_of_Light profile image61
    Flash_of_Lightposted 8 years ago

I created this nice "widget" on the amazone website, but I am not able to make it part of my hub.  I'm not sure if the code you copy is supposed to be pasted into a text capsule or what.  Also when I try to use the Amazon Revenue capsule to choose products to feature on my site, it just keeps saying, "no products found".  I've tried and tried and I'm really frustrated.  Can someone help please?

2. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Ignore the widget stuff and just put your Amazon ID in under "Affiliate Settings".

In the Amazon capsule, either search by keyword or switch to "ASIN" (under display settings) and type in the ASIN numbers you want directly.

3. Sibaire profile image60
    Sibaireposted 8 years ago

Yeah, Inspirepub has it pretty right.

Put your affiliate ID in the affiliate section in my accounts, then when you make a new Amazon capsule, search for results by keyword. You should only use 1-2 keywords in order to find a fair amount of products to advertise, otherwise you will get the 'no items found' message in your capsule. Hope I helped, and don't feel stupid, I had the same problem when I posted my first hub.

4. Flash_of_Light profile image61
    Flash_of_Lightposted 8 years ago

I actually did put my amazon id in the affiliate settings and my searches were reasonable one word things like "dress".  I tried other words and nothing worked.

5. spuds profile image22
    spudsposted 8 years ago

You have to use the HubPages Amazon capsule. You cannot insert your own Amazon widgets (unfortunately).

6. Force profile image60
    Forceposted 7 years ago

Yeah, I learned that the hard way and I love wasting my time.  So I gather that hubpages is pretty limiting.  I've seen hubs with more sophisticated Amazon capsules. How was that possible? Trying to find what I to highlight and actually make it work with the Amazon capsule has been horrible. I really just wind up going with whatever it pulls up rather than spend even more time getting it to do what I want.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Force, the best way to earn income from Amazon capsules is to choose the "specific product" option.  Then go to Amazon (not your affiliate account, just Amazon.com), search for relevant products, copy the ASIN or ISBN code (which you'll find in the description - scroll down the page) and paste it into your Amazon capsule.  You then have the choice to write a short review of the product.