jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Google Traffic Starting - Will Hub Score Go Up?

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

I am finally seeing more Google traffic than Hub Pages traffic, will my hub score go up? 

I presume I must continue to promote like crazy - it is not an automatic traffic generator.

Please advise - this is very confusing to a newbie.

1. Richieb799 profile image67
      Richieb799posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hubscore also takes into account things like duration(how long you've been a member) and Quality of hubs(ie length, if images & videos were included)
      Also how active you are in the forum and more

2. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your hubscore is over 75 so relax!
      Hubscore really isn't that important. Of course we get a wee kick when it hits 100 but it goes down again just as easily, so it's not important.
      What matters to me is getting search engine traffic because then I know I'm doing something right! (still fumbling in the dark()

3. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, HubPages is an automatic traffic generator to some extent!  And yes - HubScore is a reflection of your success, so traffic makes a big difference to your HubScore.

But your HubScore doesn't make a difference to anything, it's just there to make you feel good.

2. raisingme profile image90
    raisingmeposted 6 years ago

Well, it's working - I feel wonderful!  Better marks than I got in school and they didn't mean much either.

And congratulations on your traffic!

3. hellokatelyn profile image60
    hellokatelynposted 6 years ago

I too am a newbie and I'm just a bit confused as to how to promote my hubs, since I have a specific set of interests that I write about (as I'm sure everyone else does...I'm jealous of their success!)

I get that it takes time. I guess I just don't know what to do during that time.

4. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Use the search at the top smile lots of invaluable information right here by our very own fellow Hub authors that answer these very questions.

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

From what I gather the hubscore is based on many factors, but from my own experience I think that while the level of Google traffic is a big indicator, a stronger indication is the INCREASE in Google traffic.

For instance one of my hubs reached a score of 90 and started gaining around 600 visitors a day.  However over time the hubscore has dropped, yet the traffic stayed stable.

6. anna20 profile image59
    anna20posted 6 years ago

You are going right. Traffic plays a vital role. do not worry about score. If you are getting traffic then it is fine.