jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Google Has Released It's Adsense Share Percentage

1. TerryGl profile image60
    TerryGlposted 7 years ago

Interesting news post today found on Google News.

In a post on Google's Inside AdSense blog, VP of Product Management Neal Mohan detailed:

"AdSense for content publishers, who make up the vast majority of our AdSense publishers, earn a 68% revenue share worldwide. This means we pay 68% of the revenue that we collect from advertisers for AdSense for content ads that appear on your sites.

We pay our AdSense for search partners a 51% revenue share, worldwide, for the search ads that appear through their implementations".

Now we all know.

1. sajal.mark profile image61
      sajal.markposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Great info. Thanks for that

2. thisisoli profile image56
      thisisoliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You picked up onthis a little slow, it's already been posted abouta couple of times tongue

1. TerryGl profile image60
        TerryGlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for taking the trouble to go out of your way to point this out.

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

WOW, that's some interesting news, thanks Terry smile

I am just wondering, is this 68% an average or every click gets 68%? In other words, when they do smart pricing, do they cut their share, too?

1. Mrvoodoo profile image60
      Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago in reply to this

They state that this is not an average, but that you get 68% of whatever the advertiser pays per click.

So it sounds like they must smart-price themselves too.

3. Trsmd profile image60
    Trsmdposted 7 years ago

I think they have calculated total income and total payout and calculated the percentage.

Not for every individual basis..

4. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 7 years ago

If all this is true, then the CPC listed on the Adsense guide is absolutely worthless!

1. Mrvoodoo profile image60
      Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Why?

2. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you're referring to the Keyword Tool it is in fact for Adwords, not Adsense. It just so happens that it's handy for us to use to see how much search volume a keyword is getting, and a ballpark figure of the Cost Per Click for the Adwords Advertiser.

I had always wondered how much we, the Adsense Publisher, gets out of the cost paid per click by the Adwords Advertiser. And now I do. And I had thought we'd be lucky to get a 50/50 split. Happy to see that I'm wrong.

working