jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

I would like a new button added that...

1. Greek One profile image78
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

would allow readers to print out the text of a given Hub in a clean and easy to read format.

I hope this can be added by later on this evening.

Thank you very much in advance

smile

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why would you want someone to easily print out your copyrighted material? hmm

They can already take it, any time they want it. hmm

However, on a side subject since we are here in the New Feature section- would it be too much to ask if Staff could eliminate the ability to "right-click" on the Hubs. So, others cannot copy or paste the material.

1. relache profile image86
        relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There's too many ways to get around that.  It would be a waste of programming time.

1. Cagsil profile image60
          Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Okay, Thank you Relache. There happens to be a lot about Online and the capability of computers(tricks or whatever) I am not up to date on. hmm

2. Edweirdo profile image95
      Edweirdoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Did you not see the "Print" button at the end of every hub? Next to the "Share" and "Vote" buttons?

If you click that Print button it opens a tool that you can use to choose which parts of the hub to print or exclude - you can remove the ads, comments, whatever, and just print the parts you want!

2. SunSeven profile image63
    SunSevenposted 6 years ago

Will it be a good idea? It may result in losing visitors.sad

Best Regards

3. Greek One profile image78
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

the reason for the resquest would be beause many times, different Hubbers post helpful sugestions on similar topics (eg SEO).  It would be great to be able to print out the various Hubs on a suggest so as to read them together and make notes on the key unique points in each Hub.

Now if someone wanted to take my copyrighted material in a printed format, then they should let me know, and i can write Hub especially for them called "How not to make money online"

As for the time and programming effort involved... no doubt it would be considerable, but by my own count, I have made Hubpages at least $1.45 over the past year, so I figure they own me.

Finally, as for losing visitors... that worry implies that I have visitors to lose in the first place smile

4. heart4theword profile image54
    heart4thewordposted 6 years ago

I just got done reading a hub, that I wished there was a button that said: "Heartfelt".

1. Dobson profile image80
      Dobsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is a great commerical for the comments section...

Greek one, you may have to settle for some other type of method.

5. cupid51 profile image47
    cupid51posted 6 years ago

I think the facility to email the content of the hub might be a good idea; in that way they might get some more traffic! smile

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That feature already exists.

It's one of the "share" options.

1. cupid51 profile image47
        cupid51posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the information, I would explore that. smile

6. sunforged profile image63
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Seriously?

how are these option missed? lol

at the least the print to pdf function is a great way to perform a backup of your finished hub.

The right click protection is a javascript code, unfortunately, most people who would want to steal your content already know that can javascript can be disabled in your browser - meaning there is no such thing as right click protection.

Alternately, one could just copy the page source instead.

7. Ivorwen profile image83
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

When I have a hub that would be better in printed format, I just put it on a blog that is laid out very plane, and leave a link to it. 

I always put the link at the bottom of the hub, so that I do not miss out on clicks, and only those who have read the hub will be using it.

working