jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Scammer on HubPages

1. Pete Maida profile image60
    Pete Maidaposted 6 years ago

It has been a long time since I showed up here but I wanted to alert everyone of someone trying to pull the classic Morocco scam using HubPages.  This is the start of the email I received.

felix (felix_damians@yahoo.com) felix4nice on HubPages
    has sent you this message.
    (email address verified)

From Felix Damians
    Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire
    West Africa.
    tel +225 05115852

Dear please mail back to my private email to enable me to forward all the legal papers and documents of this money to you which the bank issued to my late father the day he deposited the money at the bank ( felix01_damians@yahoo.com

This characters needs to be hunted down and thrown out of here.

2. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 6 years ago

It's actually known as the Nigerian Scam.

Did you click on the link at the email that reports it as Spam or as Abuse?

3. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 6 years ago

Have received similar emails many times over the last few years, just report it as spam or what other option you have... The sad thing is that people still fall for this scam after all of these years..

I also have started recently getting emails about job offers that need me to complete lots of personal information in their application forms... The companies are all big respectable firms and the emails look "ok", but when you investigate it is related to some dodgy site in china or italy or elsewhere...

Simple rule never give out information to anyone.... I even had a phone call from someone claiming to be from my bank, wanting me to confirm my personal details!!

Give no one anything personal!!

4. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

The recurring scam emails I'm getting on my work email these days are fake Paypal emails and fake UPS emails - the UPS ones are especially bad as the link is virus ridden, so not to be opened!!!!

5. Norah Casey profile image80
    Norah Caseyposted 6 years ago

I have banned this user. In the future, please mark such emails as abuse and we will address them promptly.

Closed to reply