jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Great Day to Share

1. west40 profile image60
    west40posted 6 years ago

My step-son died about 7 years ago in a motorcycle accident at 26 years old.

Today we gave away our 7th Scholarship to a graduating high-school senior at our local high school.  The requirements are to be a C student that works really hard for that C and loves technology - this years recipient fit that very nicely.

A bitter-sweet day but it really is great to do something special in Justin's memory.

Just needed to share.

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

west40, sorry to hear about such a loss.  My friend lost her son when he had a motorcycle accident.  I think the scholarship is one of the nicest ways you could honor your step-son's memory.  Someone else's son will get that much more help getting his training/education.  It's a nice gift.

2. shazwellyn profile image85
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How lovely to make good of a negative situation.  Well done.. you have helped yet another .... life is for living!smile

2. dutch84 profile image61
    dutch84posted 6 years ago

It's such a wonderful thing to turn a tragedy into a blessing for someone else. That is the best way to honor someone's memory. Many blessings to you and your family! :-)

3. Wendi M profile image83
    Wendi Mposted 6 years ago

That is a wonderful thing you are doing West.

4. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

Thanks for sharing West - its such a special way to turn tragedy into triumph. smile

5. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

cool Enough said cool lol lol

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

thanks for sharing....i'm sure it was bitter-sweet...