Duplicate posts

1. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

OK, I got hit with this on one of my first posts.

In this case, I was purposely updating a review I had written and published at my own site a year ago.  I felt I added quite a bit to it, and my overall opinion has changed after a year of use, but there were a few paragraphs that I just took from the original review.  Apparently it was enough to be seen as a duplicate even though it really isn't.

I'm not sure what to do.  I don't want to upset HubPages.  I could delete the post and repost it at my own site but the subject matter really isn't the right fit - that's why I was happy to find HubPages; it seems like a great place for me to put miscellaneous stuff that really doesn't fit well with my own site.

I have another post where I pulled together a few (again, not really appropriate at my site) posts that were strongly related and knitted them into one.  HubPages didn't see that as a duplicate though really it is much more so than that review I mentioned first!  Again, I could delete that here and put it at my own site but it fits better here and the knitting together adds value.

Not sure what to do?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

HubPages is really clear about duplicated material.  If you don't mind that hub having its score penalized, you don't have to do anything.  Only you see the warning.

1. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I understand and even agree with them.   I guess I'll just let it be - I don't think either of those really are duplicates so I'll just suffer the penalty.