jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (22 posts)

Clicks and no money?

1. Brie Hoffman profile image81
    Brie Hoffmanposted 7 years ago

I've noticed that lately I have just as many clicks but a lot less money; has anyone else noticed this?  For example today I got 2 clicks and it only registered 1 penny...what's up with that.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a difference in like the last month?

1. relache profile image89
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's the sign of a very low paying topic.

2. andromida profile image75
      andromidaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It happens Hoffman.I enjoyed your last hub-really great.

Brie Hoffmanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks...just wondering because it seems like oh I don't know during the last year or so each click was worth about a dollar, now I see clicks and sometimes they are not worth more than ten cents.  I wish I could figure this out.

3. profile image60
      foreignpressposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'll be happy to click on your stuff. Just let me know what to click on.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
        EmpressFelicityposted 7 years ago in reply to this

...and get her Adsense account disabled. Not a good idea.

1. profile image60
          foreignpressposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No, don't want that to happen. I'd better go back to my gin 'n tonic.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Try to remember, the price of the click might not even register $.01 - depending on what ads were clicked.

I've had clicks and no money. wink

Ok, thanks for the input.

3. thisisoli profile image57
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

It could mean several things. Most likly it is either

Public Service Adverts being displayed
    Advertisers no longer paying much for your keywords

4. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 7 years ago

I've had quite a few really low paying clicks recently too. I suspect it is the going rate at the time, else the clicker clicked the cheapest ads on my page at the time. Obviously without knowing they were cheap ads, they would have clicked because something caught their eye I suppose. I got about a week of really low paying clicks, then someone clicked a better one the other day. Guess its just the way it goes.

Ok, well I hope it turns around...just today I had 3 clicks that registered .03 cents, so very discouraging.

1. Singular Investor profile image80
        Singular Investorposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Have you tried unpublishing hubs that are getting the very low clicks ? It might push the other ones up.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
          Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I could be wrong-- but I don't think that has an effect. The clicks come from people searching a subject, no matter how many hubs you have.

Well, it could be just my unrealistic expectations.  I like to get a dollar a click, less than that and I feel awful more and I am thrilled.

1. IzzyM profile image88
              IzzyMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I get a dollar click and its almost a miracle. Nearly all my clicks are below that - not that I get a lot!
              But some of the recent ones are way under 5 cents which is not a laughing matter when you only get a few clicks, if any.
              Like today, I've only had 1 and I can't say for how much as that is against adsense TOS but its really bad.
              On the bright side, I did sell a $40 book through Amazon smile

2. thisisoli profile image57
              thisisoliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah you are being pretty unrealistic I think. Somedays you will get more than a dollar a click, sometimes less, it varies!

5. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

Yesterday I had two clicks that gave me a dollar, which I thought was quite good since I have only a faint glimmer of an idea of what I am doing.

6. Sparhawke profile image60
    Sparhawkeposted 7 years ago

Be glad that you are getting clicks and you have enough readers for it to make a difference lol

7. andromida profile image75
    andromidaposted 7 years ago

For the last 10 days, I am getting very low paying clicks.Even two weeks back I used to get one dollar click on regular basis almost.Another interesting thing I have observed that now my all the earnings coming from a specific time of a day; in between 1 P.M to 5 P.M central US & Canada time.

1. abidareacode profile image51
      abidareacodeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

How can we know the payments ?

8. hotsummer1 profile image61
    hotsummer1posted 7 years ago

Ive had 3 clicks and havent earned anything.  I just started a few days ago though.  Anyone any ideas on how i can start earning from this?  thanks

working