jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Any Special Hubber Tips For A Septic Throat?

1. waynet profile image49
    waynetposted 6 years ago

I've been lousy with this all weekend and it hurts when I swallow...oooh err missus!

I've tried gargling warm salt water and nearly wrenched up my chicken soup...what else can I do?

1. Alison Graham profile image93
      Alison Grahamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

www.patient.co.uk advises gargling with soluble aspirin - I don't know if it works though - but you should definitely try to drink as much water as possible and take paracetamol.  Hope you feel better soon.

waynetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cheers...paracetamol I've been taking for the last 3 days and I try to take it an hour before I go to bed, so I can get some sleep....thanks!

2. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 6 years ago

Hi, waynet, is it a man flu thing? ha ha sorry couldn't resist! I always try the herbal way, if you have any garlic try chewing on it, it is great for killing germs and soothing the throat. Also onion is pretty good too. Try drinking loads of herbal drinks like elder flower, that's good for flu, if flushes out the toxins, and if you add a bit of marjoram that will make you sweat it out! But the best thing to do is try and keep of tea and coffee, and just keep to the warm herbals. Comfrey is good for the bronchials and chamomile will make you sleep when you keep getting restless at night. A whisky works as well! lol actually spirits will help if you only gargle them! I said gargle, listen to me! good luck

Wow cheers, so I really need to drink a few bottles of spirits and chew on some garlic....and man flu? I'll have you know this is a very serious condition lol! well for me anyway, I've been off my food for nearly 4 days and only had bits of soup here and there, I'll be wasting away quite soon!

3. shazwellyn profile image84
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

Gargling with salt is quite good smile  Sounds like you need an antibiotic type of thing... cranberry juice, garlic.. you run down by any chance?

Yep run down, been off hubbing the last few days, managed to scrape one in today, but yes exhausted!

I did ring the emergency doctors, but he said can you come across to the other side of town and I said I've no car and it's 9:45 on the night, so I can't make it and he said right see ya soon! bloody doctors!!