Wow! I got a comment from a BBC reporter!

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (41 posts)
  1. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

I got a comment on my Pointe Shoe Brands Hub and was stunned to click on her name and find myself at a BBC website!

1. travelespresso profile image69
      travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's very cool!

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Brilliant Marissa! How nice of the reporter to take the time to comment!

2. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 13 years ago

Cool,congrats.

3. Jeff Berndt profile image73
      Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

Brilliant!

4. profile image53
      SarahLambertposted 13 years ago

That's too cool!

5. LeanMan profile image79
      LeanManposted 13 years ago

Just hope not in the scandals and gossip department linking you to some MP with an orange in his mouth or some such...

Well done..

6. andromida profile image55
      andromidaposted 13 years ago

Congrats Marisa-Almost Famous!!

7. europewalker profile image80
      europewalkerposted 13 years ago

Excellent!

8. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
      Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

Great news!

However, I wanted to know that:

Can't just anyone post a comment with a link to BBC?

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes. Anyone can do it. I just posted a comment with the name of the journalist and the link in  her hub about Scottish Dances, to see if it was possible. I've seen this kind of things done before. Im sure someone played a practical joke on Marisa. lol

1. andromida profile image55
          andromidaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol extra-ordinary IQ-probably extra terrestrial IQ.

Yeah! you have to be an alien to play that kind of joke ! lol

I suspect you are?Perhaps the news is true.Whatever it is, I never thought the news post might have another side, lol

So I look like an alien ? And were you talking about my IQ ? Well thanks then ! lol I love to be an alien!
                And there's always another side to each story !

To the news as well. LOL

No, you think like an alien big_smile:You always find the funny side of a story,there is another hubber who almost think like you-Greek.Where is Greek?I read many comments in hubs,and I must say some hubbers really make great comments that are more funny than any jokes.I guess Misha,Badcom and Greek make great forum post. Unfortunate badco is missing from forum posts.thanks tantrum.

You're welcome LOL

2. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The bbc web site should be listed under hub metrics I should think. I've had interest from the bbc on one of my hubs and that's how I knew, but they didn't leave a comment.

As I said I left a message just like the one she got in another of her hubs. The one about Scottish Dances. And then I left another one bellow that one, as tantrum, explaining I was only trying to see if it was possible to do so, as I'm researching for a hub I'm writing. Actually I just finished it. I'm publishing it in a couple of hours. That's all.

9. Richieb799 profile image75
      Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Its nice when someone of importance comments, I had a comment from a British Models mum before smile

lol

1. Richieb799 profile image75
          Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I should of asked for the model's phone number? lol

10. KCC Big Country profile image84
      KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

That's cool, Marisa! Congrats! It's exciting when something like that happens.

11. katiem2 profile image60
      katiem2posted 13 years ago

That's fantastic, Congratulations... wink

12. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
      Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

Good to see you back tantrum!
      You didn't come to the forums or did they ban you? tongue

I'm on the forums sometimes, with another account. This account is constantly targetted to go right to the ban section LOL

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
          Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

13. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

Thanks Tantrum for raining on my parade.

I'm not dumb - of course my first thought, when I saw the comment, was whether it was genuine.   But I can't see how anyone could benefit from faking it.  And if it's a practical joke, it's not funny - there's no punchline.  Different if they'd made the link to something amusing - or come out and told me it was fake after the event.

Well then you should delete the one I posted in your other hub. You deleted my comment and left the fake Claudia Richmond one on.
        I told you it was fake, after the event. LOL

As you can see above I answered the comment of Ultimate Hubber saying

'Yes. Anyone can do it. I just posted a comment with the name of the journalist and the link in  her hub about Scottish Dances, to see if it was possible. I've seen this kind of things done before. Im sure someone played a practical joke on Marisa'

And then

'As I said I left a message just like the one she got in another of her hubs. The one about Scottish Dances. And then I left another one bellow that one, as tantrum, explaining I was only trying to see if it was possible to do so, as I'm researching for a hub I'm writing. Actually I just finished it. I'm publishing it in a couple of hours. That's all.'

So you should delete that fake comment ,as it's of no importance.
        You know it's me, but people reading your hub wouldn't know. they will believe it's a true comment.
        I'm sure you wouldn't want to deceive any one.

Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for pointing that out tantrum, I deleted yours but not your fake one. Now fixed.

And it would be a pretty weird person who saw any humour in it as a practical joke, IMO. Since no one else knows, it would amuse no one else but the perpetrator.  And it's not even clever - I'm surprised you even had to try it to know it can be done.

Well then, case closed LOL!

2. tantrum profile image61

Well, I wrote a hub about those tricks, so before writing that kind of things I always prove it first. I don't want to make mistakes.

14. KCC Big Country profile image84
      KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

At least the rest of us brought umbrellas.  We're tickled for you.

Thank you KCC!

15. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Wheres the trick? If that is research I imagine the end result must be quite feeble

Sunforged, I just read the Hub and I think what Tantrum is suggesting is that if you have a Hub that's not doing well, you can write a controversial comment on your own Hub, masquerading as someone else, to get attention.

Which I'm guessing means she thinks I made up the BBC comment myself, too.

You're wrong. I never said or thought you made up the comment. I don't think you need to do that, if you have a 100 score. So don't assume what I think or not. You're not God LOL

If I think that ,means I know your hub wasn't doing well, which I don't. I'm sure all your hubs do well. Or not?
          Why is it so important what I think or what I do ?
          I said before case close.
          Let it rest LOL

You don't understand because you haven't read my hub. As I state in it, it's not a  serious hub.
        so if the 'trick' is feeble or not it's of no consequence.
        anyway the trick is good to bring traffic to hubs. I've seen it done before. Maybe you didn't.

16. SunSeven profile image62
      SunSevenposted 13 years ago

I hope Bill Gates or Carlos Slim visits one of my eBay hubs - not just to leave comments, but to buy the most expensive item there smile

hi sunseven ! Nice 2 C U ! I missed this post yesterday sad

And about your comment lol
        yeah ! wouldn't it be great ! big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)