jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Someone Copied My Content Not Backlinked - Marked as Duplicate - HELP!

1. 4FoodSafety profile image85
    4FoodSafetyposted 6 years ago

I had a Phillip drop by, make a comment, when I sent to his site, he completely copied by content.

I just sent him a note and asked him not to copy, explained the material is owned by VeriPure and is copyrighted.

I denied his comment.

What else can I do?

Kelly Engaldo

1. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If he/she has adsense ads running on the site or is a google blog you can fill out a DMCA complaint.

You can also report the violation to whichever company hosts the website.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If the content is owned by VeriPure, then that's who has to file the infringement complaint.  If you aren't VeriPure, you don't have a legal leg to stand on as you don't own the content, and you may be seen as infringing yourself if you don't have explicit permission to use it either.

2. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

What's the link to the copied content. Did you copy his content or did he copy yours?

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

It would also be interesting to know when your content was marked as duplicate and what his comment on your hub said.

4. TMMason profile image76
    TMMasonposted 6 years ago

Just let me know the outcome of this lil adventure.

I would also like to hear from the other two or so people in the last weeks to have had this problem.

I would like to know how the process worked for them, or if it worked at all.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

TMMason, the process is very simple.  You look for a way to send an email to the site owner, then send them an email using DMCA wording.  Be polite, not nasty, but point out that you'll be complaining to their host and/or Google if they don't either take the content down, or reduce it to an excerpt with a link to your original.

If you can't find an email contact for the site owner, click on the "ads by Google" link on any Google ad on their site and report them.

It does work. 

Some people try leaving a comment on the blog, or send an ordinary email first - but that rarely does much good, in my experience.  If you use the DMCA immediately, it makes them realize you know your rights and they're going to lose!

5. flread45 profile image82
    flread45posted 6 years ago

If you own VeriPure,why are you asking hubpages for help,when you should have a paid lawyer to take care of this matter??

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If not the owner of VeriPure, it would be logical (as their licensee) to promptly notify the company and ask them to handle the matter.

6. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 6 years ago

I'd assume that VeriPure had already previously published the content. If that assumption is correct it means you'll always be marked as being duplicate.