jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (17 posts)

Having Problems with my first hub, can some one assist?

1. profile image61
    Mr Happyposted 6 years ago

I'm new and I'm trying to sort my first hub but I can't get to the "assemble
    capsule" stage. After filling in the first page, when I press "continue".

I get message saying "spam,copied & inappropriate content will be removed".

I then have three options :learn more,  cancel  &  continue.

But none of them work when I click on them.

Can someone please help.

Thank you

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

You can bypass the warnings and click continue. If that doesn't work, try to go back and repeat the procedure. If that still doesn't work, try to log off your account, then log back on again. If that doesn't work either, try a different browser.

3. wrenfrost56 profile image81
    wrenfrost56posted 6 years ago

Hey mr Happy, welcome to HP. I'm sorry to hear this is happening to  you on your first hub! In the past when it's happened to me, it's because my 'tempremental' internet connection has timed out, whats your connection like?

4. Pearldiver profile image88
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Just box on mate you have been given good advice... but don't ignore the spam notice as it reminds you to write original and quality content. Good Luck.. I had a glitch on my first hub as well... but follow the prompts. hmm

5. profile image61

Thanks for your assistance but I am having the same problem today.

Last night after trying many times I went to bed. Thought I'd give it a go today but no luck.

6. profile image0

Are you going to follow this thread, then we can try to help you from here. Otherwise, feel free to contact me via my HubPages profile page, and I will try to help you out.

1. profile image61
      Mr Happyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes I am following this thread. I have done what you have advised Website Examiner but it has not worked.

7. profile image0

I am sorry to hear about your troubles. May I ask what browser you are using currently and which other(s) you have tried. Also, did you try to clear the browser cache?

1. profile image61
      Mr Happyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm using mozilla firefox(if thats what a browser is), I have not tried any others.

I don't know what a browser cache is?

8. profile image0

In the Tools menu, there should be an option for you to "clear private data." When you click on that, it should give you an option to include "cache" in the items to be cleared. Be sure that "cache" is included, then clear private data. Then try again with the hub.

9. profile image61

I have tried that but still the same issue.

10. profile image0

You need to have Java Script enabled in your browser (Firefox Tools, Options, Content, "enable Java," and "enable JavaScript" should be selected.)

If you are willing to try another browser, you can go to www.portableapps.com. Under Internet applications, you will find Google Chrome. You can download and use it without having to install it. All you have to do is unpack it to any folder of your choice. If you don't want to keep it, all you have to do is delete the directory. That is why it is a portable browser. Sometimes Chrome works better, it may be worth a try.

Let me know what you decide to do.

Here is the link to contact HubPages support, in case you need that:

http://hubpages.com/contact_us/

11. profile image61

I'm trying it now & will get back as soon as I get it sorted.

12. profile image61

I have downloaded google chrome & followed your instructions but still no luck.

13. profile image0

Did you notice that I changed my previous post and mentioned something about JavaScript? See if that is enabled.

Most likely, it is an issue with your computer - not HubPages. But it is too technical for us to solve this way. It can be a problem or some setting on your computer that blocks it.

Also, I provided a link to contact HubPages.

14. profile image61

Thanks for all your assistance Website Examiner.

I have contacted hubpages and will wait for their reply.
    I'm going to sign off now (got an early start).

Once again thank you.

15. profile image0

You are welcome. Take it easy, you will be up and running soon.

working