jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)

StumbleUpon, anyone?

1. shailini profile image60
    shailiniposted 8 years ago

Signed up to Stumble Upon today. I was just wondering if there are my fellow hubbers in it.

Join me fellas, if you are already there.

Best wishes, Shalini

1. 0
      terrygposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes I have joined quite some time ago.

I am also in a group of fellow stumblers who are interested in each other's work.

Used correctly, SU can return some quite amazing results, besides traffic generation but that's another topic. (terratite added you as a friend)

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
        Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I added you, I'm Sukee

1. 0

Hello Susan, I added you as well and sent you a message.

Once again, I see nothing wrong with friends viewing each others sites and giving a thumbs up when due. Besides, it can only help. That's what we're (hubbers) are all about, reading, viewing, commenting and helping each other out. That is my idea of social networking.

I've always said write an article directing social booking marking at your article page not your site and have others help you to promote your site.  If you stumble your own stuff you WILL get flagged.

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image87
            Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It is true, so tread carefully.  There has been a lot of discussion about this on the forums, so if you haven't read our experiences with StumbleUpon yet, I suggest you search the forums for those discussions - it will be helpful for you and hopefully keep you from getting banned from posting hubs (if that is what you want to do).

Another good read: http://hubpages.com/hub/Project-Backlink

This is a hub for HubPages Project Backlink, and there is a lot of info about social networking sites.

1. 0

Hi Stacie, I am not too sure about your background. Getting flagged is no biggie as you just open another account with a new email 1020.

1. Inspirepub profile image86
                Inspirepubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Which is all very well, but you lose all your links from the previous account.

1. 0

True, but the links I want to keep I bookmark. So I lose none. As for those other links, it is other stumblers who are linking in, not me linking out.

2. Stacie Naczelnik profile image87
                Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure what my background has to do with it, but I am basing what I say on previous forum discussions about this very topic.

As well, getting flagged might not be a "biggie" for you, but if you get flagged because you are over-promoting your hubs, the entire HubPages community feels the burn from it.

1. Whitney05 profile image68
                  Whitney05posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Ditto. Be careful when using SU and other bookmarking sites, you may end up punishing everyone else.

2. College politico profile image60
        College politicoposted 8 years ago in reply to this

My name is dtowns67 on stumble...

2. 60
    bhagwat dig itposted 8 years ago

yes, i am also there, by name masalkar.

3. francetales profile image80
    francetalesposted 8 years ago

I am fuzzy02 on Stumble Upon. If you add me as a friend I will add you and we can send each other things we might be interested in. Don't send me junk though. It is easy to see my interests so look and send accordingly. If I like it I will thumb it up and maybe even review it, if I don't like it I will NOT thumb it down, I'll just move on, I promise. Tell me you are adding me because you saw this here though so i know. You know when you add a friend you can send a message to them?

4. Earl S. Wynn profile image84
    Earl S. Wynnposted 8 years ago

Adding people, haha. Just signed up today. Mine's earlswynn if anyone wants to add me. smile

1. 0

Done. I am terratite

5. 0
    terrygposted 8 years ago

Crazyhorsesghost provided a detailed forum thread on promoting sites. There was a lot of feedback and some sound advice. The idea was to promote your site by getting backlinks from trusted and like minded sites etc. A true sound linking strategy.

Now nowhere have I said to stumble your singular hubs yourself. What I have said is write an article about your hub and stumble the article.  Then invite your friends to the hub page who then rate with a thumb up or down.

I am sure the lessons of Digg can be learned here and if hubbers follow good advice provided by the likes of crazyhorsesghost, the Hubpages community will prosper.

As for getting flagged - well everything in moderation. Really...

Without showing off but if you type in to Google search - build self worth teenager - no need for quotes, you will see I dominate the first six positions, that is 1 to 6 on page 1 of Google. I have used a sound linking strategy with stumbles forming a very small part.

Done correctly, you to can achieve these results. I might write a hub on the simple plan and also a hubpage on the keyword to see if I can get the seventh position.

If anyone is interested in such a how to hub, I would be pleased to hear from you.

I have posted a screen shot at http://terryg-tips.blogspot.com/