jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What is Google Adwords?

1. abidareacode profile image50
    abidareacodeposted 6 years ago

Three days ago I received a letter from google about google adwords.Can any one tell me what is it and what is the advantage of using it?

1. TerryGl profile image60
      TerryGlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Google Adwords is the other side of Adsense. An advertiser makes an advertisement and pays Google to host that advertisement on the Google network.

Each time someone clicks on the advertisement the advertiser pays Google money per click and that money is shared between Google and the site owner where the advert appeared on.

So, if you wanted more exposure for your site or product you use Google Adwords to attract visitors.

There are two components to Adwords. One is the network where the advertisements are shown on websites, such as here on Hubpages, and the other is in the search such as Google search when you use the search bar.

In fact, if you have an Adsense account here on Hubpages, you are a publisher.

2. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 6 years ago

You use it to advertise.

The ads will show up in search results as sponsored links or in Adsense ads.

In the hope that you will get people to click on your ads and drive traffic to your target webpage.

3. abidareacode profile image50
    abidareacodeposted 6 years ago

I am not a publisher nor a an advertiser.So I think this letter came to me by mistake.

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You said in another recent thread that you have an Adsense account. That makes you a Publisher.

4. sunforged profile image63
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Did you receive a letter or did you receive a Google Adwords Voucher?

5. earnestshub profile image86
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Until learnt properly google AdWords is a good way to make sales, then give all the money from those sales to google! lol

1. TerryGl profile image60
      TerryGlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lol.

Nothing beats good ol' promotions you can do yourself.

1. earnestshub profile image86
        earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Terry! smile

working