jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

tracking icon problem

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image88
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 6 years ago

We're 3 hours behind the mainland, so maybe no one is up.  Here's my dilemma.  I've sucessfully submitted a feed to feedcat.net, but now it says I have no tracking icon.  It was a Hubpage article I submitted.  Feedcat.ent's message on the screen is that without a tracking icon placed on my 'site' it cannot measure my feed audience and so they (Feedcat.net) will soon suspend me and my feed will be deleted.

I can't put the tracking icon on my profile page, right? It's not allowed and it doesn't go in (when I tried a week ago.)  Can I try to put it on my blogger site somewhere...but that's a different site. If I sound lost, I am.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I am afraid there is no way for you to place the code on HubPages. You can place code on Blogger, but that would presumably not match up with the feed. Maybe the best course is for you to send an email and explain, asking to withdraw the feed submitted.

Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for replying.  Okay, so then how do people submit feeds from Hubpages -- or aren't we supposed to?  I mean is it allowed?  From all I've read, I thought it is allowed and done.  By the way, up above I meant Feedcat.com.  Thanks.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your questions are getting deeper. My knowledge is very limited, and I responded specifically to the problem you had raised. More generally, I trust you will find the needed information by checking the links below. Happy feeding.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/43046

http://hubpages.com/hub/RSS-Submission-Sites-list

Thank you for your help.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

If you do want to burn a feed, Feedburner.com does not expect any reciprocal links.

Okay, good.

working