jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

keywords

1. 07Angel01 profile image88
    07Angel01posted 6 years ago

Is it true that you should write your keywords in bold print, and use some misspellings??? (like bat, bata, bar)  Your help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you smile

1. thisisoli profile image57
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would make your keywords bold ONCE or TWICE in an article, no more.

You definitely should not do misspellings anymore, since Google now shows the Corrected results automatically, and only gives a link to searches for the mis-spelled word (But who is seriously going to click that?!

2. 07Angel01 profile image88
    07Angel01posted 6 years ago

So, write them in bold IN my hub?  What about the tags?  Should I also make a couple of them bold?

1. Appletreedeals profile image81
      Appletreedealsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

only bold your main keyword phrase one time - per module. Preferably you keyphrase should be in the first sentence.

you DO NOT need to bold more than once per module - it destroys the readability. bolding/italics is supposed to matter in Google's search algo, but not important enough to overdo and make your text hard to read. (I don't know this - but it does seem to be the commonly accepted wisdom)

GA

3. thisisoli profile image57
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Overbolding will harm your SERPS in my opinion, once or twice per article is enough, more wont hurt unless you start bolding your keyword every simgle time it appears.

working