jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Google ads on Revver Videos

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

I notice that the revver videos have google ads on them. I assume that is subject to the usual split?

And are there plans to add them to youtube videos?

Sorry if this was announced and I just missed it.

2. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

You can get ads on YouTube videos, but it's a little different. The last time I played with them, you could not pick a particular video but a topic and they played whatever pulled up in that topic. I never really got much that was one key to my topic though.

But, I don't know if you can use those videos for HP, though.

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

That's a good question Mark smile

And no, I did not see the answer yet...

4. WeddingConsultant profile image82
    WeddingConsultantposted 8 years ago

Mark, here's a little something to check out concerning revver's ad revenue:

But that's a great question, as I'm not sure hubpages is even aware that ads show on revver videos.  As far as I can tell, the split for ad revenue coming from a revver video ad is shared between the creator and revver.

Boy I hope this doesn't make hubpages re-evaluate whether or not they'll host revver video!  I would much prefer using revver video mainly because they don't have an obnoxious logo in the bottom right and they tend to have a much higher quality rendering of the original video.  I don't even pay attention to the pop up ad revenue as I'm not set up to collect on any of that (or on ads at hubpages for that matter).

5. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

There is no impression sharing in the usual HubPages way for the ads that appear on Revver videos.  Neither your nor us make money from those ads.  However, if you create a video yourself and upload it to Revver, you can participate in the revenue sharing arrangement that they offer.

6. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Thanks - Just wondered.

Not sure what sort of video I would make:

Misha - you still want that pro-polygamy hub done ? $75 won't get us much in the way of entertainment though. At least.. not in the south of France big_smile

7. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

LOL Mark, it was not my idea. I don't feel like releasing any hub on that or similar matter any time soon smile

And yeah $75 will not buy us much anywhere but Thailand I guess smile

8. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Maybe Sartori might ...