jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Help Please - Photo's in Hubs? Country specific writing?

1. Aiden Roberts profile image88
    Aiden Robertsposted 6 years ago

Hi

As a new hubber I have loads of questions that I need to ask but if it's ok I will start with just two:

Is there a site on the internet or Hubpages were I can get free photo's to spice my hubs up?

also

As I am in the UK would it be wrong if I write a couple of Hubs that are specific to the UK, I am reasonably knowledgable on UK citizens rights and responsibilties but I do not want to leave out the rest of the world and limit my readership? This doesn't really come out right but I hope you know what I am trying to say.

Thanks in advance for any comments

1. travelespresso profile image83
      travelespressoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Aiden, its a really good idea to write travel hubs about your area.

There's also a hubtrails project which aims to link the world via hubbers travel hubs.  Joining it will not only increase traffic to your travel hubs there are a few RSS feeds picking them up providing helpful backlinks.

If you would like to join hubtrails go to the profile of hubber Ohma and check out the link.  Also I've written some hubtrail FAQ's which you may find helpful.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago
      Aiden Robertsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Brilliant

Thank you so much.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Many hubbers use Wikimedia Commons, which provides a wide range of images cleared for public use.

As for your second question, you should certainly take full advantage of your knowledge. There are many capable British authors on the site, and you could probably attract a following and develop some interesting relationships along the way.

If you would like to develop a better understanding of the demographical aspects, try visit Alexa.com, where you can see a country-by-country breakdown of Hubpages' visitors.

That really is fantastic advice thank you.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just be careful with Wikimedia Commons. Just because it's "Commons" doesn't mean the photos are free to use without conditions. Often you're required to acknowledge the photographer.  Make sure you scroll down to check the details.

I get all my photos from Flickr.  Use the Advanced Search, tick "Creative Commons" and "for commercial Use".   Then choose whatever you like from the search results.  You have to include a hyperlink to the photographer's photostream in your Hub, but that's it.  I usually put the photo credits at the end of my Hub, before the comments.

4. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Write hubs about anything you want(within guidelines of TOS).

If you happen to have a lot to say on a topic or a subject, like citizen rights, then do so.

Thanks Cagsil
      Congratulations on $100, your advice is worth so much more.
      Thank you one again

working