jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

Thank you

1. Rafini profile image85
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

I want to give a huge Thank You to everyone of HubPages.  When I joined back in February I had no idea it could be this beneficial to me.  I'm not interested in the financial aspect yet signed up for AdSense and an Amazon ID anyway.  What could it hurt?  lol

I've been very open about myself and my life through my hubs, comments on other hubbers hubs, and in the forums.  You can't possibly have any idea how much this has helped me to regain my sense of self - something that's been missing for a very long time.  I'm not there completely, yet, but at least now I believe its possible and I hope to be there very soon.  (a therapist once told me I may never again return to being myself)

I considered naming specific hubbers, but decided not to because I realized everyone I've come in contact with has played a part, in one way or another, in my rediscovering who I am. 

For that I wanted to say Thank You.

2. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Well I'm not sure we've bumped into each other before Rafini but for sure I'm happy to hear the positives your hubbing has given you. That's great news and I hope to see you around the site for the long term!

Congrats on finding your way through the dark stuff big_smile

Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We may not have communicated, but I've seen your communications. smile  I may not remember specifics, but I remember feelings associated with names. smile

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, Rafini smile people here a awesome bunch with a fantastic team big_smile glad you are enjoying yourself.

You got that right!  Thanks. smile

4. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

it's so nice to hear this, wonderful for you Rafini. smile

ty  I'm sure to feel acceptance oozing from that Barbie face  big_smile

5. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I'm glad to hear you're getting something from being here. smile

sooo much!  thanks, cagsil.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. smile

Not that I did anything. lol lol

6. Beth100 profile image83
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

I'm happy to hear that being part of the HP community has helped you through the low times.  smile  I would like to thank you too, for you have given as much as you have received.  smile

That's so sweet of you to say!   I...don't know what else to say here...so I'll go now. smile

7. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Rafini, you could almost echo my thoughts. except I did really need to find a way to make money seeing as there are no jobs for me out there where the economy is so bad.
    I'm hoping one day my work here on Hubpages will pay my mortgage and everheads every month.
    Until then, what we have here is a fantastic community, especially for those who want to co-exist with others.
    I've not fully understood the reasons for the flame wars that have existed here, but want no part of them.
    We all have sadness in our real lives. Why bring them on to the forums? But you know, even if things that are real to us are not discussed, the camaradie on the forums here is great, the encouragement and free-flow of information to help us make our hubs better with the use of SEO techniques, which lets face it, are new to most of us, is second-to-none.
    I doubt if there is another community out there on the internet quite like ours.

I doubt there is either.  HubPages is a special place, kinda like home. smile

I wish you well in earning a living here - I know some are able to make decent pay. smile

8. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

That's a really nice post Rafini! smile

Everyone here deserves a Thank You. smile

working