jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

1. Pauladance.co.uk profile image61
    Pauladance.co.ukposted 6 years ago

Recently I discovered that my Site and IMages had been removed from the Entertainment Section, which surely meant that no one could find it.  I asked HubPages and it was suggested that I tell people to go through My Profile to find my material. How do I 'tell people'? I do not know these people who look for my subject, they are looking for my subject first, and I hope, then might be attracted to me by the images and titles.  Isn't this the system? So how can I tell people who look for my subject, to 'go to My Profile'? Please can anyone explain, I think I have misunderstood!
    Luckily my Site is now shown under Entertainment again, so the matter has righted itself, but I am still puzzled.Pauladance.Co.UK.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Your hubs do not get moved to a different category by themselves, only you can do that. Recently, HubPages had some extensive glitches, maybe this explains the anomaly you have experienced. I'd say, forget all about it, things are back to normal and this is unlikely to ever happen again.

3. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

Most people who find your hubs find them through search engines, not the category pages on here.  The search engines take traffic directly to your specific hubs. 

What the hub team told you makes perfect sense, if you are the one directing traffic to your hubs.

4. Pauladance.co.uk profile image61

Very many thanks for help.  But I don't see what you mean by 'directing traffic to my Site'). I thought you just put stuff up and hoped for the best!
    This was my whole query, really, how can you tell the general public (HUB readers) people you don't know, to look at your Profile? Is there a System?
      Perhaps you could tell your friends (I don't think I've got any friends!) but surely this defeats the whole object of the exercise. I am trying to promote Ballroom and Latin Dancing - people I know do it already!
    I would appreciate comment on the 'Profile' point.  Many thanks.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

HubPages does not provide any other features than the indexes/search functions that you already seem to be familiar with.

Your profile page automatically gets indexed by the search engines. If you wish, you can do more by leaving comments with so-called "backlinks" to your profile page on blogs and other sites across the internet. You can publish articles with backlinks in article directories, and gain more visibility that way.

5. Pauladance.co.uk profile image61

Website Examinar.  Thanks so much  I expect one of these days I'll cstch on!  I've only been here for three months - and yes, I'm glad I came! It's great fun! Paula