jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Scammer targeting Hubbers

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I got an e-mail this morning through HubPages email, about someone who has a whole bunch of money and is dying. She wants me to administer her late husband's fortune.

Now I have seen these before-- and know enough to not reply. I'm sure you know too, but thought I'd mention it here. I forwarded it to team HubPages.

The interesting thing about it is that, though written under a fictitious name-- the HP screen name also appears in the header. This 'hubber' apparently signed up about 5 hours ago to target hub-writers.
    I'll bet I'm not the only lucky one. Did you get this splendid offer?

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 6 years ago

The email, which comes via the HubPages system, has a couple of links down the bottom "spam" and "abuse". Just click on "spam" and it will open a page at HubPages and automagically flag the offender.

3. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

I've had two or three of this type of email in the past week. I just flagged them, but I hope everyone here is sensible enough not to fall for them.

4. myownworld profile image78
    myownworldposted 6 years ago

I haven't received anything so far...hmm... feeling a bit slighted now... neutral

5. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

No I haven't received this one, but I get several a day like it anyway in my work email account, as the email address is displayed on my hypnotherapy website.

I am always, of course, flattered to be the only one chosen out of millions  of possible recipients to be given the chance to launder these mythical millions for them!

6. 0
    Home Girlposted 6 years ago

I used to participate in e-lottery MLM. I quit after a year,but... I get almost every day all kinds of  nu-u-u-merous  emails about winning 1 mil, 2 mil, 10 mil. Depends on authors's fantasy. I think from all over the world. If it were true, just a part of it! All I need just a lousy half-a-million, to be quite comfortable in life. I have very modest habits. I don't even drink coffee!!! Speaking seriously - I damped one of my email boxes. But it's useless, I still get those.

JUST DO NOT  READ THIS STUFF! DELETE! You can catch a virus just by opening your email.

7. Maddie Ruud profile image83
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

Just to reassure everyone, the user was banned.