jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Do diary style hubs work?

1. 61
    neversaydieposted 6 years ago

I wrote my hub to reflect what it is really like to run your own small business and I hope that it is informative in its own way.  However, I am wondering whether you really can earn anything with this type of writing or whether it should be written in a more 'businesslike' style.   Your comments would be welcome.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's best not to treat HubPages like a blog.  Each hub should stand alone as an informative piece.  It can work well to frame the content in personal experience, but you should make sure you are imparting some gems of information that can be applied in your audience's own lives.

2. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

I've heard Hubs that involve product reviews, marketing, how to make money on the Web, or just plain selling something, seem to do best.

3. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I think there would be a audience to read about what it's really like to own their own business. 
    Personal experiences can be interesting to read and you can make a major 'business' point for each section. If you break your hub into different text capsules for each major section you are sharing, you could use the title heading for the 'business' points.
    this also helps give the search engines something to pick up.
    use those keywords as tags.