jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)

A famous poem by Banjo Paterson. "The bastard from the bush" banned.

1. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

I just saw the notification from hubpages, which I appreciate that this poetry hub has been removed from advertising.

This is a wonderful poem, and controversially may be a copy of a poem originally written by Henry Lawson.

I hate to put it to death, it was never meant to make money, just to let others see this marvellous work.
    Do I delete it? Thanks fellow hubbers.

2. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 7 years ago

Didn't quite understand the post. You're saying that the hub has been declared unsuitable for adsense?

Anyway, I do know the poem. It's a fine one!

earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Paraglider, yes that is what has happened declared unsuitable for adsense, thanks for dropping in to help. smile

3. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 7 years ago

if it was never meant to earn then you have nothing to lose by keeping it here.
    remember though these hubs are reviewed by a computer programme and if you think your hub has been classified wrong then you can ask the Hubteam to review it.
    in my opinion though you should keep the hub published no matter if ads are allowed or not.....jimmy

Thank you Jimmy, if it does no harm, I would rather keep it up. As Paraglider said, it is a fine poem.

4. profile image0
    Audreveaposted 7 years ago

The computer doesn't understand about Australian bastards, Ernest smile

Was it unpublished by HP staff? I'm sure they would put it back if you explained that it's the title of a well known poem. Could maybe try botching the title a little with inverted commas around "bastard" to indicate a quote?

I saw the Sydney Morning Herald had allowed a columnist to get away with using "shit" in an online piece the other day! LOL

BTW - it might have been removed in relation to this announcement by Paul Deeds http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/44355

1. profile image0
      Audreveaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey - see those asterisks where the bad letters in the 4 letter word should be? I didn't type those, the HP forum santised it for me!

Thanks Audrevea! All the words to the poem are foul, it is a masterpiece of the worst language of the time! lol But it is poetry, poetry at it's best in my view! I agree it was picked up by hubpages new tool, which I agree with and feel pleased to have that protection for my adsense account. I was just concerned if there may be other repercussions. smile

1. profile image0
          Audreveaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's also a City-Country thing. Two fingers up at the snobs.

Must be a way to keep it on HP.

I can keep it here OK, I just don't know how much it will affect my hubscore, although it doesn't really matter, it's always OK smile
            Maybe I should ask the crew if it breaks hubpage rules as well as adsense. smile

5. thisisoli profile image56
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Hi Earnest, your Hub got caught up in a new automatic Check (Paul Deeds put up a forum post about this)

Chances are it will actually be re-allowed in to the advertising program, since the automated system flagged a lot of hubs and removed advertising priviledges, hwoever every hub that gets this flag is manually checked by Hubpages staff!

All this means is that advertisements wont be displayed, however if you didn't make teh hub to make money, it doesn't matter too much!

Thanks mate! smile

6. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

Leave it up EH, it's a great poem and I had to reword many of mine. big_smile

Thanks ralwus, I will leave it up. smile

7. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

The Bastards!!!! yikes

That's like stealing your Pav... or your Phar Lap, or Marmite yikes

Only one Word for it..... "Buggar!"

You need to be as diplomatic as your convict forefathers were and......
    get ya tin hat on mate an show em the true blue spirit of what it was to be a bushranger and a bushbastard yikes

Good on ya digger.

Waltzing ya matilda might do the trick cobber roll lol

"Buggar!"

8. Gypsy Willow profile image80
    Gypsy Willowposted 7 years ago

My hub on Food, Faggots and Peas has had its ads removed. Doesn't matter  though as my adsense has been removed too due to TOS violation! I've lost my year's worth of earnings of $38.00. Boo hoo!!

9. manlypoetryman profile image69
    manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago

I believe Banjo's work must stay! Leave it up, earnest. Do whatever is necessary through any language abbreviations and give all full credits...as you have done anyways...but leave it. Shoot...it's not like Poetry is the big ticket to making $...any ways.

Banjo Paterson is the definition of a "Nanly" Poet!

working