jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Confused not-so-newbie

1. RavynSteel profile image79
    RavynSteelposted 8 years ago

I'm confused about the hubscore thing. My individual hubs have fairly decent scores (I think) I try to keep a mix of pictures, videos and text capsules, and my author score still seems to be dropping.

I don't have much time to spare so I can't be overloading the forums and posting tons of hubs, but  the competitive streak in me wants to get the best scores I can. I can see my score is one of those things which my life could easily revolve around if i'm not careful!

Could one of you more experienced hubbers please take a look and give me some ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? I'm relatively new to this kind of site and I joined up to improve my writing skills in practice for a book I'm planning.

2. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Hi Ravyn,

I've had a look, and I have a few suggestions as to the source of the problem.

1. Is any of this text duplicated anywhere else on the internet? If so, your score will be penalised.

2. Your "Concept Cars" Hub is a little light on text.

3. Most of your Hubs link to the Santa Pod site, creating a "pattern of linking across multiple Hubs" This one got me when I first started, the bottom line is - don't start with all your Hubs on one topic, mix up the topics and the link variety will naturally follow.

On the whole, you are on the right track. The Hubs look good.

My best guess is that you have duplicate content issues - that list of competitors is probably elsewhere, for example. Make sure you have at least 300 words of original content on every Hub, and if you quote stuff from somewhere else, count the words, double the number, and write that much more original text. (This is my rule of thumb and it seems to have worked so far for me.)

Welcome aboard!

3. RavynSteel profile image79
    RavynSteelposted 8 years ago

Thanks. the duplicate content thing is worrying, I type everything out either from memory or using a Santa Pod programme (on paper) as reference. If content is indeed duplicated it's a very huge coincidence!

Perhaps I should stop putting so many links to Santa Pod in...It's just hard not to plug my favourite site! :-)

I'll certainly try and pad out my 'Concept Cars' hub, and try and mix up my subjects a little.

Thanks for your feedback and kind words :-)

4. Lifebydesign profile image80
    Lifebydesignposted 8 years ago

Hi Ravyn I'm not much help but hi Jenny liked your 'rule of thumb'- cool tip!