jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

My Latest Hub Experiment

1. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

I'm trying something new with my hubs that I wonder if others have done and found successful...

Back when I first joined HP, I wrote a bunch of travel hubs that are really detailed but, well, completely suck when it comes to keywords and all of that. I've tweaked them -- a lot --and that's helped, but their main problem is that they're too long and general about an area or country.

So what I'm now doing is "reconstructing" them in new hubs, where I zoom in on a much more specific area or city and add much more detail in about that specific place. Then I'm going to link all of these newer, more specific hubs to my old one, sort of so they all spin off of it.

I'm excited about trying this, so I'll let you all know how it turns out and see if it's something worth doing.

1. travelespresso profile image82
      travelespressoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like a great plan to me and I'll be interested to read how it works for you.  Good luck Naomi.

2. LeanMan profile image83
    LeanManposted 6 years ago

This is a better way to go for any subject, in general a very generic broad hub will have a fair bit of competition within the old search engines, but being specific will probably reduce the competition that you face against other sites. Also it will give you the opportunity to draw readers across your subject and read more of your hubs by using the many links between your hubs..

And it will also improve your pagerank from the links and give you more link juice for the search engines..

3. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

Good to know! HP is my first foray into dealing with the whole world of SEO and such, so I was very green at first, I feel like I have a better handle on it now, so I want to take advantage of that.

4. Arthur Fontes profile image91
    Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago

You should check out the Hubtrails project.  Your hubs sound perfect for the project.

5. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

Thanks, I'll definitely check that out!

6. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Yeah hubtrails would go well with this!