jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

backlinks and pageranks

1. rajan1311 profile image56
    rajan1311posted 6 years ago

Well, I have read a lot about backlinking and how they are very helpful in generating traffic. I had recently started my own tech site and I was wondering if i link back to it from my hubs and the other way around too, would it help the PR of both ? I mean, not that one link will make a huge difference, I was just wondering if linking like this between sites and blogs is effective or not.

1. 60
      indigo.mediaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, linking to your site from your hub will help.  However, the weight from these links isn't much so you should try to get links from other sites with similar content.  I wrote a hub on Link Building that should give you a good place to start.

2. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 6 years ago

From what I understand the best links are one way from a site with a similar subject, so decide which is the most important and link in that direction, if you want to drive traffic to your site link from your hubs, and link to your hubs from somewhere else such as xomba, shetoldme,etc and the million bookmarking sites out there..

3. TerryGl profile image61
    TerryGlposted 6 years ago

The way that I see a good technique for backlinking using HP is to link to your site from your Hubpage. Then write a few articles and point them to your Hubpage only.

Take the rss feeds of your articles and ping them using Pingler dot com as well as your hubpage.

Take the url of your Hubpage and articles and use a url to rss feed and submit those urls to make one rss feed. Then submit that feed to as many rss aggregators you can find.

This way you will build good trustworthy links to your Hubpage increasing page rank, thus passing that on to your own site.

This simple method works everytime and can be used in a variety of ways.

4. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Everything you need to know about backlinks.

1. rajan1311 profile image56
      rajan1311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks a lot mate, exactly what i was looking for!

@terry: thanks for your help buddy