New here and looking for honest opinions

1. ThreeFootHat profile image59
    ThreeFootHatposted 6 years ago

Hello!  I just joined hubpages a few days ago to try my hand at blogging.  I figure most of my hubs will end up being more of the 'how to' variety since I create many things.  I have put up two hubs that I would like to share. … m-frosting

Are these helpful?  Do they make sense?  Are there too many photos?  Not enough?  Anything else I can do to help?  Any input would be appreciated!

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hello again,

Okay, let's start with some of the basic stuff.

(a) quality type hubs are written for a length of 600+ words.
    (b) utilize as many tools as you can when creating a hub but try not to make look cluttered. (polls, more pictures, amazon capsules)
    (c) keywords/tags are very important and should range between 9-15
    (d) try to add fresh content(RSS feeds or News feeds). This will always keep your hub fresh with content so that GOOGLE crawlers/bots come to your hub, because it recognizes new content.

I'm putting some links below, so as to help you with your improvements.

Frogdropping: She produced two excellent reads for new hubbers.

Darkside: He wrote a lot of hubs about using HubPages.

It is important to know that there is a lot more and other good reads can be found by Nelle Hoxie, Ryankett, Thisisoli, Relache, Shadesbreath and so many others.

I hope this helps. smile Please do enjoy your time here. smile

Edit: Sunforged can help you to learn SEO functions and the benefits of learning them. An awesome resource for those who want to become successful. Also, check out Misha. smile

1. ThreeFootHat profile image59
      ThreeFootHatposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok, I added more tags to my hubs.  I also signed up with Amazon and was approved today.  I like how that one works!  I really like that I was able to put specific ads for vanilla beans in the my vanilla extract hub.  Several people had asked me where I get those and now there is a link directly to the product right in my article.  Very useful!

Also, after looking at some other how-to pages I decided to re-arrange my rose hub.  I do like it better now! 

I expect I'll get better at it as I go.  I'll keep looking at what other people are doing and maybe someday I'll even make a little cash. smile  Thanks for the info!