jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

So I shouldn't put photos at the top?

1. Danteh profile image61
    Dantehposted 6 years ago

I've heard that if you put photos at the top of the page it kinda interferes with the ads and lowers the chances of someone clicking in the ads. What would you recommend for my hubs?

http://hubpages.com/hub/5-Tools-to-impr … o-day-life

http://hubpages.com/hub/Top-5-tips-to-o … age-Fright

Thanks wink

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In your first hub the thing that strikes me is that i have to scroll down to get to anything you have written, and i am not sure the picture really expresses the idea of the article.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I think that it would be a shame to ruin the fine layout for the one I looked at: "5 top tips..." It seems to have a very complete layout. Main thing must be to catch your readers' interest, and the image seems to contribute to that.

One way to find out is for you to sign up for Google Analytics, then you can see your bounce rate and how much time your visitors spend on the page, etc.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I think it depends on what the hub is about. I think your hubs look fine the way they are. I've seen pics in different places with top performing hubbers. check out the first pages of the Hubs and Hubbers categories. they're all different.
    I think it's kind of boring to always have the same layout.

I agree with website examiner, analytics will help you learn more about each hub's performance. smile

4. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

The most vital tip I have is to let you know not to put a picture next to your first text capsule. This spot is consider prime real-estate for ad clicks and I can attest to the validity of it.

The picture can before the text capsule, thus it is the first thing seen when someone comes to the hub, before the writing. Make sure you are using more than one text capsule, so as to improve your GOOGLE Adsense spaces. When you use more than two capsules, you will find more advertising spaces become available.

However, pictures directly at the top- you increase your chances of losing your reader, depending on why they came to the hub and what the hub is about. Sometimes the text/writing is more important than the picture in the beginning.

Also, if it helps- just to let you know, you will see pictures on each article that you write. That picture comes from the first photo capsule you have in the hub, regardless of where it is situated/located.

Good luck with your improvements.

5. thranax profile image60
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

Yes, by putting an image on the top your adsense clicks might be slightly lower bases on positioning, but without the image will your visitor even linger enough to actually read? When I get to a page thats all text I just leave.

The best thing you can do is make one page with each layout and judge the results yourself using Analytics over a week or month.