jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

List of link friendly forums

1. Spacey Gracey profile image75
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

Warning - this may come into the category of lazy person posting a question instead of doing research themselves.......
    Before I spend hours hunting on the internet, do any of you know of an existing list of online forums that allow you to post links to your hubs - obviously I mean when they are relevant, not just mindless spamming?

And if such a list does not exist, could we start a forum thread where people post the link-friendly forums they use? I guess maybe you want to keep your forums a secret in case spammers get HP banned from those pages?

Thoughts please.

And be gentle - its 8.30am here, and I've only had one coffee so I'm pretty vulnerable.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Spacey, it's not really practical - because to be effective, you need to find forums specific to the subjects you write about.  There are so many Hubbers here writing about diverse subjects. My discoveries wouldn't be useful to you.

2. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I stopped advertising on forums because you have to post hundreds of times to get any really chance of having a decent value backlink.

1. Sparhawke profile image59
      Sparhawkeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with this, for a newbie to be trusted enough they generally have to do about 500-700 posts...people don't visit links from people they do not trust.

I am a forum mod of one of the biggest online computer games for a fansite, I have nearly 7000 posts, been there 4 years and am seen everyday therefore very well known in that community and even beyond it in some cases, and I have a few links in my signature am very well known as an authority on my chosen subjects and even so people just do not click the links and take a look.

Having a link in your signature is generally accepted, plastering it all over a forum is not and they do not actually make much difference either way I find.

Much better is to create a unique buzz and have people naturally following you like...well you could always attempt to set a REAL world record within your field?

Most peoples focus in computer games is making money, what do you do when that way of making money by buying and selling from individuals suddenly and radically changes overnight?

You can whine or moan or simply change and adapt and show others how to do such a thing, which is what I did...at one point I had 10,000+ people a day reading through that one topic of mine where I attempted to go from a relatively poor gamer into one that could afford the most expensive item in the game in one month, but this was long before I became interested in IM...if only I knew then what I now know lol

Create a buzz.

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

LOL Thanks MOW *kiss*

Yeah, it is dofollow, there is a forum category where you are free to post links to, as for the value of those links - likely at least as good as most of the sites you already posting links to. Nothing spectacular, but not a garbage either. And no, I don't do revenue sharing - in fact I am not earning any revenue from this site, it is just a place for nice conversations between grown ups. smile

1. LarasMama profile image60
      LarasMamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are several sites that have lists of "dofollow" blogs, that you could use if you wanted.

Is an example and I use it occasionally (although more for my personal site/s)

However they have categories so you can select what relates to your niche.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
      Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Aww...thx Misha, smile I feel so grown up. Do you have extra crayons? big_smile