jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Curious- forum deletions

1. Jule Romans profile image88
    Jule Romansposted 6 years ago

I know we are not able to edit our forum entries. Are we able to delete them?

I ask because I have noticed some posts that say "deleted." I can't tell if they were deleted by the author or by HP.  If we CAN delete them, could you please tell me how? I don't see a button for it.

Thanks.

ETA:
    AHA!   and --- duh.  Thanks, guys.

1. Rafini profile image86
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can edit (within 5 mins or so) or delete forum posts by clicking on the button that says 'More' under your post and more options will show up.

2. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are able to edit a forum post, up to several hours. Last time I checked on it, it was at 4 hours.
      You are able to delete a forum post, roughly about the same about time as the edit function.
      Posts are as I said. You can delete a forum thread, up to the point someone posts to the thread.

After someone else has replied to your thread you open, then your only option is to email the HubPages Staff and ask them to either delete it or close it to reply.

If you want to delete a post- locate the post and you should have the option providing time hasn't elapsed.

Thanks Cagsil - I've only ever tried within a few minutes (thinking the time limit would be the same as hub comments) and have only deleted a few - to keep from making a complete arse of myself.  But, what can I say?  I learned something new...hmm uumm...I learned something new...

Oh Yeah!  I guess you really do learn something new every day, huh?  And it was something I didn't choose to learn.  yikes  big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image60
          Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I try to learn something new every day. I go out of my way to do so. You're welcome btw. smile

yikes   I'm surprised....weren't you the one trying to convince me we choose to learn?  yikes

working