jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

125 hits ON 1st Day for my new hub??

1. OregonWino profile image85
    OregonWinoposted 6 years ago

Anyone ever had that?  I am at 125 so far for my hub I publised less than 24 hours ago (How to get discounts at Lowes and Home Depot.)  Only 4 are from Hubpages, most are from Bing and Google..

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well Congratulations!!!! You are moving right along I have only had that happen a few times so keep on writing!  smile

2. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good job. Thats how many hits I,ve had in two years ! smile

2. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Well big congratulations! Apparently the home improvement guys found your hub.

3. Mutiny92 profile image88
    Mutiny92posted 6 years ago

that's awesome!  It will be great if the trend continues over the next several days/weeks!

4. OregonWino profile image85

Thanks everyone!  I am really stoked too, it is a pretty basic and short hub...I just hope it is not some weird error!

1. 0
      Precious Williamsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely brilliant. Any idea what the magic formulae is?

5. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 6 years ago

I only have a few that make that in one week, let alone one day..

1. LarasMama profile image62
      LarasMamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Since I suck at niche and SEO, I'm just happy that about 1 in 15 hubs seem to take off and get a life of their own - whether by quality content or just being in a niche, depends.

6. OregonWino profile image85

Yeah, I dont want to pretend like I have ANY idea what I am doing!  I have no idea why this one took off.  I guess I just lucked onto a good topic.  But I have NEVER seen search engine traffic come that fast, that is what was weird, how the heck did it get indexed that quickly, and it is coming from Google AND Bing.

7. DonnaWallace profile image88
    DonnaWallaceposted 6 years ago

Oh my goodness, that's fantastic! You'll have to share the secret on how you achieved such a high number of hits in just one day.

8. NaomiR profile image86
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

That's awesome! Hopefully, you'll crack that formula on all of your hubs!

Just so you know, though, a lot of times, Google will "premier" a fresh hub and then it will kind of "get lost" for a while, and then it will return again in a more permanent spot. This has happened with many of mine, which is kind of annoying. But it sounds like you chose an extremely active topic, which the Google bots should like!

9. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Yes sometimes you get lucky like that, I had one make about 60 hits straight away last week.. well done!

10. Derek D profile image61
    Derek Dposted 6 years ago

Well Done !!!!!!!

Keep up the great work cool

11. OregonWino profile image85

Thanks everyone!  Hopefully all of our hubs will start doing this!  Traffic has tapered off, but still pretty good (for one of my hubs anyways) at around 25-40 a day, almost all from Google and Bing