jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Welcom to the Summer Blahs of Internet Marketing

1. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

If this is your first summer of trying to make serious money online, then steel yourself for some frustration. It's usually the hardest time to make a sale. And adding to that this year, is the now infamous Google MayDay Update, which made significant changes to it's long-tail word search engine results - which is where many of us live.

Even if you have content geared toward summer, you have to realize that people are out having fun in the sun and are on vacation, so there's just fewer eyeballs looking for stuff.

What to do? Just keep writing hubs, September always comes.

1. netlexis profile image80
      netlexisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, I guess the best strategy is to write lots of hubs for the the holiday shopping season. Got a few months smile 

BTW, Nellie, I hadn't heard about "MayDay," but I'm always a little behind. I'll have to run off and do some research.

2. MissDaisyDesigns profile image73
      MissDaisyDesignsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are so right!

2. Eileen Hughes profile image83
    Eileen Hughesposted 6 years ago

That lets us Aussies out of this problem (not really) as we are going into our winter worst luck.  Yes this is causing a problem all over the internet. Some people are starting to worry about may day

People are becoming worried about it. Will it really affect everyone or will it level out in the end.  They are not going to shoot themselves in the foot in the end.

3. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Well then if it's not summer in Australia, would you guys start shopping please!

People have been worrying about MayDay since May 2nd. It threw a lot of sites out of the SERPs. And it's an algorithmic change so it's here to stay. My hub traffic has held up pretty well and is comparable to last year, so HP central and all of us are doing something right!

I watched a Matt Cutts video on the thing and he didn't give up any info on coping. Just said it wasn't our imaginations.

I've been reading the stuff about it at webmasterworld. It's been pretty interesting.

4. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 6 years ago

I'm actually just getting started up again. I am having a good deal of fun now that I'm getting more hubs up. I think I am just having fun getting stuff published on here after a good deal of time doing offline stuff. Just happy to be back in the game.