jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Google AdSense maximum URL channels question...

1. Lily Rose profile image83
    Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

I've used up all my 200 URL channels but want to track my recent hubs, so I went in and marked about 25 of the older channels and deactivated them.  I just want to make sure that by deactivating them in my AdSense account, all that means is that I won't know if they are being clicked, right? They will still earn money if ads on them are clicked, right?

I've been mainly utilizing the URL channels with Google AdSense to be able to see where my clicks are.  I know, I know - I still haven't gotten into using Analytics!  Maybe I should search for an 'Analytics for dummies' hub - there must be one out there...

1. thisisoli profile image60
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Use google analytics, it links in well with adsense and hubpages and allows you to see your earnings, and allows you to analyse them to a much deeper level.

2. Sparhawke profile image60
    Sparhawkeposted 6 years ago

Yes they will still earn money if an ad is clicked, I dont get clicks very often but they still come out of the blue...maybe I should add some channels sometime lol

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

Do you use Analytics? You can analyse the clicks for every single hub from there. Believe it or not I don't use AdSense channels for a single hub... Analytics tells me everything that I need to know smile

1. Lily Rose profile image83
      Lily Roseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I rarely use Analytics because I just haven't had the time to figure it out.  I check my adsense earnings daily and it's easy to find out which ads were clicked on.  Analytics is more complicated - perhaps a quick tutorial of just the basics I should know would be in order (hint...hint!)

2. agvulpes profile image87
      agvulpesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am finding a big difference between Adsense and Analytics figures ?  Also Analytics are not very up to date with the figures!
      Does anyone else notice this?

1. thisisoli profile image60
        thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Its probably to do with Google Adsense displaying Estimated earnings and Analytics showing Actual earnings.

1. agvulpes profile image87
          agvulpesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

OK thanks Oli that would explain it:-)
          Analytics do put up a comparison I have just noticed!
          So would that mean that Analytics will always be lagging behind the Adsense figures?

4. Conflagrant profile image60
    Conflagrantposted 6 years ago

I have heard it said (on an SEO forum) that Adsense will give you access to more channels if you ask.  Never asked so can't say for sure if this is correct, but it seems reasonable.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Some AdSense users have been given a higher allotment of channels, but it's not something you can request.  It's still just something AdSense is testing/playing around with.

5. surf traveler profile image86
    surf travelerposted 6 years ago

As thisisoli suggested, Analytics will tell you each hubs earnings. I don't use the channels in adsense as I can get the info out of analytics without needing any channels. It's worth the time poking around on analytics to figure out what it can do for you. Should save you a lot of time in the future.

6. thisisoli profile image60
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Just caught up on this thread, Google Adsense will allocate you more channels, BUT only if you create channels with targetable advertising, which basically means you need to own the site so you can create a site channel for each ad block to appeal to advertisers.

This is an extremely profitable way to go, but it takes a lot of work, and a whole load of channel creation!

working