jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (12 posts)

For a good laugh go here :)

1. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008/03 … signs.html

Disclaimer: some Christians may find some pics there offensive. Advice - just don't go there if you think disclaimer may refer to you. smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Thanks Misha. That was funny. I can't imagine why any Christians would find that offensive. CP will probably be along to tell you how offended he is. Once he has got stumbleupon to change their stupid rules big_smile

3. 0
    terrygposted 8 years ago

Great find Misha.

Did you guys notice the link power that site is sending out. Loads of other links out to other url's and a PR of 5. Now thats a lot of page rank juice to each url.

When you go to the index page it has one Google Adsense text link. The internal pages have the full blown ads.

That site believe it or not Misha is one we should be modeling our sites on. What got me the most was it is hosted on a bleeding blogger account. Imagine the power if it was stand alone hosting.

I think you saw the same thing Mark. I noticed your comment. I put mine in as keyword rich text link of Builidng self esteem. I see the source had a do follow to so this guy deserved a few ad clicks just to say thanks, plus I found the ads interesting too, of course.

4. Earl S. Wynn profile image85
    Earl S. Wynnposted 8 years ago

Well I got a few lols out of that. Thanks Misha!

5. Mark Knowles profile image61

Actually terryg, the comments are nofollowed. I just left a comment because I liked it, not for promo reasons. big_smile

6. 0
    terrygposted 8 years ago

Just thought I might put this in as to why I disregarded the nofollow.

"However, there is an important caveat to NOFOLLOW that you should know about. It only stops Google from following links from one page to another. If one of the linked pages is also linked from somewhere else, Google can still find and index that page via that other link. For example if promnight.html is also linked from HighsteadCourier.com, Google can still find and index promnight.html when it indexes HighsteadCourier.com and follows the link from there to promnight.html.

Using NOFOLLOW is generally not the best method to ensure content does not appear in our search results. Using the NOINDEX tag on individual pages or controlling access using robots.txt is the best way to achieve this."

Its all about linking strategies.

7. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Well, there is a link love - and there is an anchor file. While nofollowed link does not add to link love, anchors still go to the anchor file. Now go figure why I happily leave comments even when they are nofollowed big_smile

8. Mark Knowles profile image61

Ah - Interesting. I did not know this. I do leave lots of comments but didn't realise I was getting even more out of it big_smile

9. kerryg profile image87
    kerrygposted 8 years ago

Hee! Those were hilarious!

The Lego church was actually pretty cool.

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I agree Kerry the Lego church is great.
      I was having a rough morning so this really hit the spot. Thanks for sharing this Misha.

10. stephhicks68 profile image84
    stephhicks68posted 8 years ago

The T-shirts were priceless.  I like the "God's Busy, Can I help you" one!

11. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years ago

Lego church kinda look likes the Crystal Cathedral.

I liked the funny signs in the second half of the page. The REPENT truck drove through my city a few years ago and spent about a week. Kinda strange.